D'jya-eat-yet?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Re: D'jya-eat-yet?

Post by Reeltarded »

Yeah. They burned it to the ground for insurance. I don't think the kids knew how to do it since they only grew up with it.. lol

At least I never had to set out toward Tybee ever again. Sandy oil spill that it is.

I need shrimp NOW.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Lousyatit

Post by Lousyatit »

I loved that place! My Aunt Alma lived at the corner of E46th and Waters for years. We would drive down from Charleston to visit her and we would go there for lunch. I had heard from multiple sources that it had been burned for the insurance, that was a sad day!
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

I didn't like William's, their fried shrimp was greasy as hell. My wife's favorite place was the Crab Shack out on Tybee.

As to my Red Neckism, I take that as a compliment.... The country folk that lived out there in rural Richmond Hill were genuine, much unlike the Savannah Blue Bloods who looked down on everyone. If you weren't born a rich Savannahian, you weren't shit to them.

All of which is why I was happy to move back to Texas, where people are truly friendly with no pretense. Dallas excluded...
Ron
beasleybodyshop

Post by beasleybodyshop »

Ron Worley wrote:I didn't like William's, their fried shrimp was greasy as hell. My wife's favorite place was the Crab Shack out on Tybee.

As to my Red Neckism, I take that as a compliment.... The country folk that lived out there in rural Richmond Hill were genuine, much unlike the Savannah Blue Bloods who looked down on everyone. If you weren't born a rich Savannahian, you weren't shit to them.

All of which is why I was happy to move back to Texas, where people are truly friendly with no pretense. Dallas excluded...
Amen to that. I used to live just inside the loop at 75/635. used to work in downtown, and couldnt stand the neuvoux riche atmosphere. Dallas is not Texas, by a long shot.
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

beasleybodyshop wrote:
Ron Worley wrote:I didn't like William's, their fried shrimp was greasy as hell. My wife's favorite place was the Crab Shack out on Tybee.

Amen to that. I used to live just inside the loop at 75/635. used to work in downtown, and couldnt stand the neuvoux riche atmosphere. Dallas is not Texas, by a long shot.
Couldn't agree more!
Ron
allclear7

Post by allclear7 »

I cant help where i was born, I just know where i belong. East Tennessee !!
Love the Southern Food, Over here we have Alisons Catfish Farm,
They cook it any way you want it ! Smoked, Fried you name it
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Allisons ... 4676919882
there are no problems , only solutions J.Lennon
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

When I was a peepy Williams had excellent food, then not for a long long time, then again the last few years.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Lousyatit

Post by Lousyatit »

I had a great meal EVERY time that I went there!
RWood

Post by RWood »

Ron Worley wrote:
And Houston has been annexed from Texas and divided equally between Louisiana and the Cartel's Republic of Northern Mexico
If it don't get hot and glow, I don't want it !