D'jya-eat-yet?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

LeeMo

D'jya-eat-yet?

Post by LeeMo »

This is where I got my raisin's. Nixon Maddox and I hunted , rode horses, blew things up, wrecked bikes, jumped in on around and under things , and generally stayed in trouble while growing up.

http://bittersoutherner.com/meat-and-th ... Ph6-qx0yM-

LeeMo
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,
stelligan

Re: D'jya-eat-yet?

Post by stelligan »

Squeet!!
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

Very cool indeed.
Nice writing.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

What? No mention of Kool-Aid pickles? Even the NY Times mentioned 'em. In the general store or convenient mart, a row of big jars full of vinegared cukes, each jar holding a different flourescent-colored gaggle of pickles flavored & colored with Kool-Aid. Sounds scrumptious! Just the thing to go with nutria sausage. I'll hold out for a good boudin, thanks.
down technical blind alleys . . .
cbass

Post by cbass »

We've still got a few stores like that around here most of em have closed along with the little post offices.
DLR is a Captain beefheart wannabe
LeeMo

Post by LeeMo »

What's cool is that I could load you up in a pickup and take you to any of those places without using a map and in more than a couple of them they'd know me and ask "How's your Mamma'n'em. :D
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

When I lived outside Savannah, GA in a town called Richmond Hill, we lived way out the Bryant county peninsula on the Tivoli river. Down the road was a little gas / grocery store called Mitchell's.

Miss Mitchell made the best chopped shrimp sandwhiches- made with shrimp caught that morning by her sons. Friggin amazing. Awesome fried chicken too. The south is littered with places like this!
Ron
ampmike

Awesome

Post by ampmike »

I have always loved the south.Learned about the OBX many years ago and that was it for me.Goodbye Jersey shore.So much cool history in the south.And of course you can forget the music from the south.Enjoyed reading that thanks for the post,Mikey
Custom Built Amps for Sale!http://faithamps.weebly.com/
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Ron Worley wrote:When I lived outside Savannah, GA in a town called Richmond Hill, we lived way out the Bryant county peninsula on the Tivoli river. Down the road was a little gas / grocery store called Mitchell's.

Miss Mitchell made the best chopped shrimp sandwhiches- made with shrimp caught that morning by her sons. Friggin amazing. Awesome fried chicken too. The south is littered with places like this!
Not so much nowadays. This place is a corporate shithole.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Thanks very much for sharing that. It's a really enjoyable and informative read.
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

Reeltarded wrote:
Ron Worley wrote:When I lived outside Savannah, GA in a town called Richmond Hill, we lived way out the Bryant county peninsula on the Tivoli river. Down the road was a little gas / grocery store called Mitchell's.

Not so much nowadays. This place is a corporate shithole.
Are we talking about the same place? The place I'm referring to was a tiny, run down mom & pop shack, run by a 65 year old lady. And that was 16 years ago. I haven't been back, but I can't believe this could be the case. Please expand on your reply, I'm very curious what makes you say this.
Ron
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

Myles,

Might you be referring to the gas station on the corner of 144 and Belfast Keller Rd? That place was indeed a shithole. Mitchell's was down the road on Belfast Keller almost to the Tivoli creek bridge.

Let me know.
Ron
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

No Ron, I mean the whole area.

I eat at Love's. They brought it back from the dead. Best seafood for 100 miles in any direction, including east! That is saying something. I will have to look closely for the place you are talking about. It has to be the corner with the Longhorn and the Applebees.. :)

They have ruined Savannah completely, and RCH is a freakish mess as well. Southern hospitality has a funny accent these days, and it's angry.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I'm replacing hospitality with a boot to the head . Im Tired of my culture being mocked then destroyed .I miss going to the station and getting a ham sandwich with homegrown mater's. I just need one more prick to move here and tell me how much it suxks .why in the hell are you here then? it was a lot better before you got here. Oh I guess it'd be better if we had an Applebee's
DLR is a Captain beefheart wannabe
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

cbass wrote:I'm replacing hospitality with a boot to the head . Im Tired of my culture being mocked then destroyed .I miss going to the station and getting a ham sandwich with homegrown mater's. I just need one more prick to move here and tell me how much it suxks .why in the hell are you here then? it was a lot better before you got here. Oh I guess it'd be better if we had an Applebee's
Good post cbass!

I take it that TV crew wasn't pleased they couldn't find Dogpatch, toothless Granny Yokum and her shotgun, all the rest. Because they moved up here! NY hands out bigger checks. All the Yokums, Snuffy Smif & Mammy, you can find 'em chowing down at our local Applebees. And Barney Google's the mayor. He came all the way from Mobile and you'll see him prancing down Main Street this afternoon. Maybe with his husband. No fooling! Check my location.

If they wanted to find even more - send the "reality TV" crews to another nearby community Oniontown, right next to Rt 22, near Dover. It's even made it to the Urban Dictionary.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =oniontown

http://www.vice.com/read/peeling-oniont ... 0126-v19n1

and Mapquest invites you to punch in and read all about:

"Our interactive map of Oniontown, NY lets you view traffic and satellite images, find local govt and businesses,"

As if they had any of that.
down technical blind alleys . . .