TAG problems!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

jelle

Re: TAG problems!

Post by jelle »

Allynmey is running the page.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Hi All, I am aware of the issue with Chrome and firefox. It seems the host was attacked over a month ago and we have a had a few site attacks that were quickly reversed. The AmpGarage was listed in Google's Spamblocker engine and that is why you are getting those messages. We haven't been hit in weeks and when scans are done on the site, it comes up clean. However, having Google release the site from their spam index is another story. It's not the site that is infected, it was our host that was attacked and Google listed all the sites hosted their with the same warning. I am working with Google and the host to remove the warning from our site.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

I have seen this happen many years ago on one of my sites. It was not my site that had the issue, it was one of the other sites on the server

I was on a shared hosting server.

After several other strange events, I got tired of being on a shared server

I purchased my own cloud server.
You guys may want to look into that option.

You may also want to look into SMF forum software
I have been through 3 different forum softwares over the years
SMF is hands down the best, and it's free
https://hoffmanamps.com - Website
https://el34world.com - Website
https://el34world.com/Forum/index.php - Hoffman Forum
https://www.facebook.com/Hoffmanamps/ - Facebook page
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6QMFC-nnVtRyjCIIwNnBqQ - YouTube channel
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

Allynmey wrote:We haven't been hit in weeks and when scans are done on the site, it comes up clean. However, having Google release the site from their spam index is another story. It's not the site that is infected, it was our host that was attacked and Google listed all the sites hosted their with the same warning. I am working with Google and the host to remove the warning from our site.
So is the problem that other sites on the same server *are* infected? Or will google not interact with you?

Seriously, geofex was delisted as a blocked site very quickly.
sepulchre

Post by sepulchre »

Still getting the warning from Google. I haven't been here in a long while (insane work hours) and wondered what was up. Hope you guys get that warning down.
frankdrebin

Post by frankdrebin »

Hello,still can't use the site from chrome or safari on Mac.
The only way for me is using the original browser on my Samsung Nexus Google phone,that works perfectly!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

sepulchre wrote:Still getting the warning from Google. I haven't been here in a long while (insane work hours) and wondered what was up. Hope you guys get that warning down.
I get a warning anytime I click on a link to TAG from google. I don't even have the option to go anyways.
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Unfortunately I cannot request a re-scan from Google. Allyn has to do that. I called him last night and haven't heard from him. I will try again later today.
rp

Post by rp »

If you try and send a link to a TAG post to someone using gmail this (image) will be blazoned in your missive and all replies:

And, friend who happens to works at MS said TAG shows up in their "Cyber Threat Intel as serving up malware to users".

I think the annoying boil is seen by the outside world as a plague boo-boo. This needs to get fixed or the forum will atrophy and die.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

rp wrote:I think the annoying boil is seen by the outside world as a plague boo-boo. IThis needs to get fixed or the forum will atrophy and die.
I think the forum has been dealt a mortal blow by this mess. Posting seems to be way down. A good metric for traffic is the number of views on for sale items and that seems way down too.
xtian

Post by xtian »

I've been reading every post for five years. New posts are maybe down a little, but not much. Still feels homey, holmes.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Me and the site's search engine are just not good friends. It seems searching from google with a TAG tag produced better results. But now I can't click on those links and read the thread.
rp

Post by rp »

Rogue wrote:But now I can't click on those links and read the thread.
you get the below image correct? if so you can just copy past the link in the body, annoying but is what it is.

the google warning pretty much screams run away, anyone new searching google will do just that. I'm guessing we all pretty much got here from an initial google search. you can work around it but to the uninitiated and fried computer terrified it's like needing a private invite and dues card, and as it's telling you you are going to get hurt, it's like asking someone walking by one of those dark hole in the wall store front "social clubs" in old italian or hispanic neighborhoods in NYC to just pop in and say hi - even though odds favor a good time it's not going to happen. webforums as invite only gated clubs don't last long or aren't of much interest, at least to me, without new blood dropping in this place will fade.

maybe we can move to the dark web, and be the "outlaw amp forum", something like fight club, but with tubes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

rp wrote:
Rogue wrote:But now I can't click on those links and read the thread.
you get the below image correct? if so you can just copy past the link in the body, annoying but is what it is.

the google warning pretty much screams run away, anyone new searching google will do just that. I'm guessing we all pretty much got here from an initial google search. you can work around it but to the uninitiated and fried computer terrified it's like needing a private invite and dues card, and as it's telling you you are going to get hurt, it's like asking someone walking by one of those dark hole in the wall store front "social clubs" in old italian or hispanic neighborhoods in NYC to just pop in and say hi - even though odds favor a good time it's not going to happen. webforums as invite only gated clubs don't last long or aren't of much interest, at least to me, without new blood dropping in this place will fade.

maybe we can move to the dark web, and be the "outlaw amp forum", something like fight club, but with tubes.
Yep, that's it and copying the link works. Thanks, that'll work. It does suck for potential new users that comes across a link.
Structo

Post by Structo »

I don't seem to be getting the warning now on Chrome.

Also no warning when clicking on attachments.

:D
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!