TAG problems!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

didit

Re: TAG problems!

Post by didit »

For me Safari works, Chrome still chokes. Google search still blocks too.

Too soon posting. Now not ok again in Safari.
NickC

Post by NickC »

For Safari users:

If you go to Safari Preferences, Security, and turn off "Warn when visiting fraudulent sites", you'll be able to log-in to TAG (at least I have found this to work).
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

Allynmey wrote: I am working with Google and the host to remove the warning from our site.
So Allynmey - how's that stuff with Google going?

It bothers me that the site could get re-infected, and having to ignore warnings is the perfect cover for it.
Sound Inventments

Post by Sound Inventments »

I am using Windows 7 and IE 11 and It's working Fine... No warning. Wish I could say the same for Mozilla or Chrome.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Ha! I didn't want to believe it. I dislike Explorer compared to the other browsers, so I don't use it, but sure enough, no warning!
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

You know what that means, right?

It means that Explorer does not warn you about any attack sites that Google may have on its malware list. Even the ones that are absolutely, positively nests of vipers.

As I said before, Firefox, Chrome, etc. that do warn you are working correctly. Google is working correctly. The warning list is working correctly. The site, as a web server, is working correctly.

It's not freedom from warnings that is good. It's freedom from *false* warnings that you want. And turning off all warnings is a dangerous way to get there.

This is a situation somewhat like the boy who cried "Wolf!", except that there are multiple entities involved, and it's not the little boy who gets eaten when one day there really is a wolf. It's the villagers who decided to ignore all cries of "Wolf!" instead of getting the multiple little boys coordinated to get it right.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

I had guessed that was the case, but didn't want to own up to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BarryW

Post by BarryW »

I really miss visiting the site. My work laptop blocks it, and my Mac at home won't let me login. There's so much knowledge in the site, I feel lost without it. Please mods - do something ! Let me know how I can help -
xtian

Post by xtian »

It IS really frustrating. Not for me, because I can ignore the warnings. But with new info like Jim's speaker-break-in post, the world really needs to have access.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

The attack page listing happened sometime in the first week of June, 2015. The Amp Garage has been on it for eight months now.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

We appear to be out of the weeds, I'll keep an eye out, but if people are okay, i'll move this out of 'announcement' and to a normal thread.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Sure. Thanks for all you've done.
drew

Post by drew »

Phil, I think most of the regulars have at one time or another, if not repeatedly, offered to chip in to cover expenses incurred in getting the forum updated and off Google's shit list. I'm sure that willingness is still there, so if you or Allyn are interested in taking us up on it, say so now before letting this thread fade into the distance.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I think Allyn deserves it, he pays real money to host this site. I just spent some time helping a community that helps me, so I'm feeling paid. Unless you want to send me free NOS tubes :) I'll start storming people with my YouTube videos soon, so you'll be sick of my noise :D.
tUber Nerd!