TAG problems!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

martin manning

Re: TAG problems!

Post by martin manning »

In MacBook Safari I have to click past a "suspected malware" page for every action. Very irritating. iPhone Safari doesn't seem to care.
Littlewyan

Post by Littlewyan »

I am an IT engineer by day and amp builder by night!

If you're concerned that you had a drive by attack just check your browser add ons to see if anything suspicious has been installed and check what programs are installed on your machine and more importantly the date they were installed on. Most malware applications install themselves as a normal program and so they can also be uninstalled normally. If you were infected by anything you would more than likely start seeing odd things like adverts appearing on the google homepage or pop ups. I don't think this has happened though as the blank page always tried opening up a drug research page in the background for me :S. Nothing malicious there!

I am concerned however that the hackers may have had access to our usernames and passwords but I don't know enough about databases and websites to say how they could of accessed them. Websites aren't my speciality! I'm assuming the site has a database with all of this info in and its encrypted?
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

That kind of reasoning is what drove me to use a master-password utility.

I use Keepass2, which is open source (so you can find out if the writer stuck some nasty ET-phone-home stuff in it like they caught the Chrome browser at recently; and it's free, and generates full-random passwords, and remembers them for you.

I think the world is beyond human-rememberable passwords, and beyond using one password for more than one thing. It's just too easy to break, and then exploit the other uses of the password.

This too, may be futile. With hackers apparently able to penetrate the US government's files on its own workers and probably the IRS, we are all of us still using the SSN for everything the government does to ... er, I mean for us :D there's not much cover.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

I went to a couple of posts including this one:

http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

I got all the pictures but no text... :shock:

Same results on two other browsers... Maybe it is just Allyn making omelets....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
strelok

Post by strelok »

I get empty posts whenever I search for them but if I dig them out manually they all seem to be there. Where you searching for them when they didn't come up?
Kagliostro

Post by Kagliostro »

Also today it happens

if I just remove "&highlight=whatever" all is fine

but if I don't do I see only the images and no text on the messages

I think this is a job for the forum Administrator

K
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

I'm still getting the malware warning when I visit using Safari, and I can't log in from there. Maybe an update on the o ethanol process could be posted?
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

Actually, I'm hoping the admin is furiously working on it. I keep a pretty solid batch of shields up and one of them gives me a ping when I come here now.

Something is lurking here and the shields are holding it out of my machine for now.

My web page got infected by a spammer a while back. I had to go through every page and wipe out the inserted nastiness. Wasn't too hard once I found one of them and had an idea about what to look for, but it did take some time.

As a side note, psychologists estimate that roughly one in a hundred people is deficient enough in empathy for their fellow beings to fall somewhere on the scale of psychopathy. Those are the 1% to be worried about, not just people with money. The psycho 1% will always be trying to do whatever to get your goods or your life, and have no clue whatsoever that it's not a nice thing to do. Worse yet, CANNOT have a clue- they don't have the internal circuitry. Computers let them do it to everyone at the same time, and at machine-speed.
xtian

Post by xtian »

martin manning wrote:I'm still getting the malware warning when I visit using Safari, and I can't log in from there. Maybe an update on the o ethanol process could be posted?
Martin, I just solved that problem. In Safari, open Preferences, choose the Security tab, and uncheck "Fraudulent sites: Warn when visiting."
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
rp

Post by rp »

I can actually post today. That malware's protean - is it alive?

This event is harshing my mellow. Can we pull chips out like on a HAL 9000?
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

xtian wrote:
martin manning wrote:I'm still getting the malware warning when I visit using Safari, and I can't log in from there. Maybe an update on the o ethanol process could be posted?
Martin, I just solved that problem. In Safari, open Preferences, choose the Security tab, and uncheck "Fraudulent sites: Warn when visiting."
Thanks! Kinda like disconnecting a warning light though, eh?
brentm

Post by brentm »

martin manning wrote:
xtian wrote:
Thanks! Kinda like disconnecting a warning light though, eh?
Yeah, its not the best solution. It'd be cool if you could have an allow list rather than turn it off globally.
rp

Post by rp »

What if this is actually a spoof TAG I've been redirected to and you are all invasion of the body snatchers replacements???

Seriously: is the warning on TAG totally offbase and the site is now safe? Besides the run around I must do to open pages, should I still worry about malware / browser changes?
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

When the warning is on, it gives some information about the last time suspicious activity was detected and the last time the site was visited. Right now the last time suspicious activity was detected is a few days before the last visit, so it appears it is ok. However, the problem keeps resurfacing, so someone is continuing to attack or inadvertantly reinfect the site.
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

martin manning wrote:However, the problem keeps resurfacing, so someone is continuing to attack or inadvertantly reinfect the site.
Who's running the shop? Or is anyone?