TAG problems!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

HeeBGB
Site Admin

TAG problems!

Post by HeeBGB »

Hey guys. Just a quick word about the forum issues we have been experiencing lately. The site had been hacked in the past week. It basically replaced some pages with blank pages so when you logged in it took you to a white screen. It may also be attempting to install a harmful script on your local machine so be wary please. Allyn is aware of it and we are discussing options for software updates. Unfortunately the original pHpBB software we are using did not have the ability to post pictures. In order to get this ability a script was applied. At this point we are concerned that if we upgrade the software we may lose a lot of the pics and scans that have been posted over the years. We really don't want to lose all that information.

In the meantime, I have created a Facebook page to have the ability to get messages out to those concerned and also for an alternate way for you guys to contact me if something is happening that needs immediate attention. please check it out and friend me there if you are interested in that.

Thanks

The Breakfast Club
Last edited by HeeBGB on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eniam rognab

Re: TAG problems!

Post by eniam rognab »

damn haxors!! :evil:
rp

Post by rp »

Reading the news lately hackers probably already have my SS#, CC#s, phone, bank, medical records, driver's license, friend's and family info and what I like to eat and watch and listen to... and now they know my favorite caps and resistors! This must stop!
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

rp wrote:Reading the news lately hackers probably already have my SS#, CC#s, phone, bank, medical records, driver's license, friend's and family info and what I like to eat and watch and listen to... and now they know my favorite caps and resistors! This must stop!
Yeah OPM recently was hacked by China but prior to that in about 2010 OPM notified myself and my co-workers (21 of us) that they lost our personnel records during a physical move to another building. Had to help rebuild my records before I retired in 2012.

Thanks for letting us know about the TAG troubles I was wondering because of that blank page.

Mark
xtian

Post by xtian »

I also created a FB page while the site was fuXXored:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ampgarage

Would be very happy for members to join there in case of future outages and robot attacks.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
brewdude

Post by brewdude »

I have been reluctant to use Facebook.

I joined once upon a time, but found that I didn't want to post anything and didn't want to know what people were eating for breakfast... Or, what everyone else was doing at all times.

I never logged back in.

...Do you guys think that Mac's are vulnerable as well as PC's?
rp

Post by rp »

brewdude wrote:I have been reluctant to use Facebook. I joined once upon a time, but found that I didn't want to post anything and didn't want to know what people were eating for breakfast... Or, what everyone else was doing at all times. I never logged back in.
+1
...Do you guys think that Mac's are vulnerable as well as PC's?
+1
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Forgot to attach a link to the FB page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Amp- ... page_panel
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

I am on a Mac, and I was not able to log-in during the hack. I was not able to log in on my iPad either.

Thanks to admin and crew for working through this!
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
Structo

Post by Structo »

Yeah that was weird.

I suggest everybody scan their computers to ensure no infections.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Blackburn

Post by Blackburn »

I hope they didn't get my financial info. :o
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Dang, just at the time I finally finally finally got onto a hi speed line, I thought it was a glitch in my gear. Also a first look at Farcebook after all these years. In 2006 I was one of the first to get on FB. Right after that, couldn't get on because they assume you have a newer OS & hi speed, my page came up blank black & couldn't navigate anything. So today I finally had a look and here's some nut who's giving me an earful of s#!t because he thinks I'm stalking him. And he also wants me to be his new Farcebook Friend. :roll: What a lousy reintroduction... Well thanks Heebee for the invite and I'll sign on there, no stalking except the best designs & parts.

Meanwhile our friends at Music Electronics Forum off line most of Sunday and again right now, wonder if the same hackers are going after them? WTF's the matter with these :twisted: people, get a life!
down technical blind alleys . . .
rp

Post by rp »

Leo_Gnardo wrote:Meanwhile our friends at Music Electronics Forum off line most of Sunday and again right now, wonder if the same hackers are going after them? WTF's the matter with these :twisted: people, get a life!
Software Geeks attacking Tube Amp Geeks. We are approaching the End Times.
kkregsg

Post by kkregsg »

I assume they have all my info, too. Now if I could turn the tables and stick them with all the medical bills! Bastids.
rogb

Post by rogb »

I just managed to log in but it is really slow.

It also seems to connect via a site called grandstarex.su.......
some kind of hacked redirect?
Don't like this at all guys!