Rock & Bikes

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

deeder

Rock & Bikes

Post by deeder »

Here is two things very important in my life, bikes and music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2lwACw9bqo

The back ground sound features my band, where I'm playing guitar and singing. One day per month we are biking with my buddies.

Of course my family support me, and they do that very well :wink:
2203/2204-ish/Deluxe Reverb
xtian

Re: Rock & Bikes

Post by xtian »

All RIGHT!

Just like mine!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Let me guess... That's a kit bike and you're building the engine next? :twisted:

Kidding aside, more power to ya, X'. I just sold my last motorcycle, so I got nuthin'.
deeder

Post by deeder »

xtian wrote:All RIGHT!

Just like mine!
Not bad mate :wink:
2203/2204-ish/Deluxe Reverb
ER

Post by ER »

I love bikes of all kinds.

There's something very appealing from a freedom aspect (if not a performance aspect) about sub 50cc and pedal electric hybrids bikes. No license, no insurance, no registration or taxes, cheap to run. After reading a bunch of money-law-reserve-lien stuff I thought having a homemade loophole bike would be something worth having.

I used to make electric bikes in the past, and wanted to try and make some diesel bikes too, but all the regulations of doing something like that took the fun out really quick. What does Joel Salatin say; "Everything I want to do is illegal."

When I lived up in Red Bluff there was quite a few guys around riding <50cc stuff, probably from loosing their license after DUI's.

I think it's really unlikely that a cop is going to stop you and measure displacement, or would even have the math skills or equipment to do so.
xtian

Post by xtian »

ER wrote:unlikely that a cop is going to stop you and measure
I actually want to try measuring max current on my eBike. There is a main conduit out of the battery pack--it would be simple to clamp a meter around that and see. But don't have.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
ER

Post by ER »

Just go full throttle till it dies and then divide the amp hours :wink:

I gave up on EV stuff because of the constant letdowns on battery vaporware and the hucksters in the industry. I'm hopeful that times have changed though.

There's a cool doc on netflix called "Charged" about the first couple Isle of Man E races.

My favorite bikes are old indians, I would love to have a circa '29 401 and 101 type but with diesel motors 3cyl and twin, or a small displacement pedaler based on the 1911 indians that swept the TT.