Google Chrome Sez Ampgarage is a "Suspect site"

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Re: Google Chrome Sez Ampgarage is a "Suspect site"

Post by Reeltarded »

vibratoking wrote:Miles, I'm a Spotify subscriber. :shock:

Only for as long as I allow it. Muhahaha!!

(i wish daniel ek would taste napalm all over him)
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
brentm

Post by brentm »

gui_tarzan wrote:It works, and it's nice, but it makes my five year old HP run slow. Slow to the point where it acts like it locks up but if you wait a few minutes (yes, minutes) it comes back. Mostly when running either Chromium or Firefox with multiple tabs open. My identical laptop running Win7 just cruises along without any issues at all. I can even stream Netflix on it without any hitches.

I am very wary of Win10, since Win8 blows, and I don't know what kind of hardware 10 is going to require.
I don't think the hardware changes. I installed the preview and it was nice.. The Start menu comes back which is huge. So many people install the Windows 8 Shell..
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

The person who birthed the phone style interface for Windows 8 should be tortured for as long as it will last.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
gui_tarzan

Post by gui_tarzan »

Agreed.
--Jim

"He's like a new set of strings, he just needs to be stretched a bit."
David Root

Post by David Root »

My Malware Bytes software has been intercepting the same Trojan for two days now. It just keeps coming but M-B is quarantining it every time.

One of these days one will get thru I think.

If I buy that refurbed Dell GX-760 with Windows 7 on newegg.ca, how do I transfer the contents of my hard disk to the new CPU?

I am a total moroon at this stuff.
rp

Post by rp »

Might want to wait. I use OSX, but out of 25 years of habit more than evangelism, so I hope win 10 is finally good.

Windows 10 release date. Windows 10 will be released on 29 July 2015, Microsoft announced at the beginning of June. The news of a July release will come as little surprise to Microsoft watchers.

How much data do you have? Simplest is just to move it to an ext drive and copy it over. Works for me. It's good to start totally fresh, reinstall all the apps and settings even if a PITA.
brentm

Post by brentm »

David Root wrote:My Malware Bytes software has been intercepting the same Trojan for two days now. It just keeps coming but M-B is quarantining it every time.

One of these days one will get thru I think.

If I buy that refurbed Dell GX-760 with Windows 7 on newegg.ca, how do I transfer the contents of my hard disk to the new CPU?

I am a total moroon at this stuff.
If you can have both running at the same time and use the network, that'd be OK.

But it might be easier to remove your old hard drive and slide it into an enclosure. http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Lay-Flat ... B00APP6694

It'll show up as a drive letter... then just copy/paste your data.

What's the name of the Trojan being quarantined?
David Root

Post by David Root »

rp, if I buy one with Win 7 in it I can upgtade for free on July 29 to Win 10, but if I wait till after that I'll have to buy Win 10.

brentm, I have a WD external backup hard drive connected now, so presumably fully backed up, can I just run that into the new CPU?

That trojan just came up again and I deleted it from Malware bytes quarantine right before I came on to TAG. I think it has something to do with a warning I get at startup about a dll not being able to load but I can't recall the specifics. Next time it pops up in Malware Bytes I'll post its description.
Structo

Post by Structo »

No Malware warning today! :D
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
rp

Post by rp »

^ same. Maybe someone put new tubes in the tag server.
drew

Post by drew »

David Root wrote:Thanx but I already have a CPU and a keyboard, and my wife's eyesight needs a 27" monitor screen which I just bought.
Consider a Chromebox. Basically just a web browser in a box. Cheaper than a cheap windows machine.
Structo

Post by Structo »

Ah, warning is back. :evil:
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
rp

Post by rp »

Structo wrote:Ah, warning is back. :evil:
Me too. Well at least it ain't my browser.

How does one tell Google to stop with the Warnings? I keep clicking the 'this ain't..." button hoping if they tally enough hits some automatic action liberates TAG. Doesn't seem so, and something like that would actually be a treat to hackers.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Tried to open TAG during a coffee break at work...... we do have a very extensive protection scheme going, - immediately reprted as maliciuos site....
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

rp wrote:
Structo wrote: How does one tell Google to stop with the Warnings?
There is a specific song and dance that needs done with a google backend for system admins to get the site delisted.

I didn't get the warning right this minute, though.