New Used Car

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

wake010

Re: New Used Car

Post by wake010 »

+1 for Hyundai. We have an i30 which we bought new for a great price about 5 years ago. It's been super reliable, great fuel economy, has most of the luxuries you'd want as well as the safety features, handles great and is surprisingly roomy. I'd buy another one tomorrow if I was in the market. Can't say that about the GM's (never again) or Toyota's I've owned. A number of our friends bought i30's based on our experience with similar positive outcomes.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Well, just picked up a Showroom condition '04 XJ8 in CT. Paid $6000 from a private party. Original owner, garaged, no history except regular maintenance fro the dealership. Car is worth over $10,000 and rides like a dream. I brought my mechanic and his $10,000 computer to test everything. Everything was fine. The guy live 2 blocks from Martha Stewart and had a mansion.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I'm looking for a Dodge 3500 4 door pickup with cummins 6 for towing a 5th wheeler around the USA. :lol:
stretch2011

Post by stretch2011 »

Vibroking could not be any more correct.

As a plastic engineer I can set up the best possible process for a part but if it doesn't meet the time quota quality is compromised. The reason is the company shoots for 10% profit and that's high for the industry. If you can make it faster you make more money. The only problem is If you make 1bad part at a 1min cycle time you have to run 9 good parts to replace it. They are pretty good at keeping quality up, sometimes you just have to tell the customer too bad, you have to pay more. Problem is, some guy will do it worse for cheaper.
Structo

Post by Structo »

Well things have changed. :lol:

I test drove a Maxima and it was real nice.
A little too pricey for me but then we drove a Altima 2.5 SL (leather) and I
liked it a lot.
The Hondas were not comfortable to me and they haven't kept up with the other cars in their class
as far as design or options.
Tested a 2015 Camry and didn't care a lot for it.
Seemed kind of generic or geriatric. :lol:

Wanted to try a Mazda 6 but man those things are pricey!

So I can get a new Altima for around 25K with incentives and 72 mo @ 0% financing.
Leather interior, navigation, moonroof, dual zone AC, backup camera,
2.4 inline 4 rated at 182hp, and CVT trans.
I tested a couple makes and models with a CVT and I actually didn't mind it at all.
Best part it gets 38 mpg hwy with a 600 mile range!

I almost pulled the trigger yesterday but took a step back to evaluate things and make sure I don't do something stupid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
stretch2011

Post by stretch2011 »

You really want someone's opinion that matters. Take $100, go to 5 local mechanics that work on the car your interested in. Ask them about The car you want to buy pros and cons then offer them $20 in exchange for their time and knowledge. If they take it fine. But listen more to those who won't, a good mechanic won't take the money. Now you know about the car, and a good mechanic if it breaks.