Again - please, web master, fix the attack site stuff

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

JazzGuitarGimp

Re: Again - please, web master, fix the attack site stuff

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

I sent Allynmey a pm on October 30, asking what his ntentions are, but he hasn't read it yet. Of course, it has only been four days. But after reading R.G.'s comment about back-channel communications, I imagine he won't bother to read my message.

In the meantime, with each ios update, it's getting increasingly difficult for me to access the site, and even more difficult to post to it. So I am taking a leave of absence. I'll check back every few months to see if the issues have been resolved. I hate to do it as this is a great community of folks.

It would be nice if allenmey would show us the decency to tell us what he's thinking - even if it's just "I'm done with TAG, and have no intentions if fixing the problem". At least we'd have closure. Whatever....

It's been nice while it lasted.

Cheers,
Lou
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
xtian

Post by xtian »

Very sorry to hear, Lou.

If you're on Facebook, please join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ampgarage/

It's mostly to ensure we TAGgers don't lose contact with each other.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
Littlewyan

Post by Littlewyan »

Yes things have gotten very quiet around here. I messaged Allynmey on Facebook as I was informing him that I resolved the issue with my Anti Virus blocking this site (messaged them asking them to rescan the site and they did) and in a second message asked about Google blocking it. He responded to my first message but didn't respond to the one about Google. I was going to offer to help him with it. Hopefully I didn't upset him.
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

xtian wrote:Very sorry to hear, Lou.

If you're on Facebook, please join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ampgarage/

It's mostly to ensure we TAGgers don't lose contact with each other.
Done. Thank you, xtain!
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
RWood

Post by RWood »

Leo_Gnardo wrote:
RWood wrote:Any other sites that the regulars here frequent? I'm growing weary of being lulled to sleep with a false sense of security.
Music Electronics Forum aka MEF. Some of our TAGsters are on there already. In many ways it's similar, and has some departments that appeal to pickup builders.

MEF not without their own security problems, but fortunately not affecting members directly. About 2 ½ years ago their deep collection of schematics disappeared from the server, a tragedy that still hasn't been explained or repaired though many schemos have been posted since.
Thanks for the info. Seems that I registered there at the same time as TAG, but never logged back after landing here. What a shame!
If it don't get hot and glow, I don't want it !
gui_tarzan

Post by gui_tarzan »

I frequent there as much as here. I signed up for the FB TAG group but haven't been accepted yet.
--Jim

"He's like a new set of strings, he just needs to be stretched a bit."
xtian

Post by xtian »

Jim , please sign up again. I'm the group admin and I don't see your request.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

I don't spend much time at FB, mainly because "friends" will post about every hangnail and whatnot. I'm seriously not into that level of detail. It wears thin quickly. Nevertheless, I put in my request to join the group. Frankly, I think it's a bit creepy, people using their real names (honestly, I don't mind.) How am I supposed to know who's who?

Wow! I just checked in at MEF. It turns out that I'm registered there, too. I think I like it better over here, though. I wish it would get fixed. Like most others, I've got that circling the drain feeling. Maybe if we keep it going long enough, inertia will fix it?
xtian

Post by xtian »

Keep TAG alive! Those of you who know Allyn, please keep pinging him.
John_P_WI

Post by John_P_WI »

Phil_S wrote:Maybe if we keep it going long enough, inertia will fix it?
Honestly, as peoples lives and interests change I am sure that this site in someway has become a burden for Allyn. I certainly would not be against a "pay to play" scheme where we would chip in 25 bucks or so to help upgrade the software and hosting company. Hell, 25 bucks alone would be worth it to not have to use my phone to browse this site all of the time due to the current hassles... I think we are going to have to propose something like this as "just waiting around" doesn't seem to be the answer.
lord preset

Post by lord preset »

John_P_WI wrote:
Honestly, as peoples lives and interests change I am sure that this site in someway has become a burden for Allyn. I certainly would not be against a "pay to play" scheme where we would chip in 25 bucks or so to help upgrade the software and hosting company. Hell, 25 bucks alone would be worth it to not have to use my phone to browse this site all of the time due to the current hassles... I think we are going to have to propose something like this as "just waiting around" doesn't seem to be the answer.
If this is a problem that money can fix I would be more than happy to chip in.
jestaudio

Post by jestaudio »

lord preset wrote:
John_P_WI wrote:
If this is a problem that money can fix I would be more than happy to chip in.
+1
Gibsonman63

It is worse

Post by Gibsonman63 »

Now I cannot access Ampgarage from work. How am I going to kill all of those hours during the day?
John_P_WI

Re: It is worse

Post by John_P_WI »

Gibsonman63 wrote:Now I cannot access Ampgarage from work. How am I going to kill all of those hours during the day?
yup, welcome to using a smart phone hell...
Long Distance Call

Post by Long Distance Call »

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I'm using a PC with Comodo Internet Security Premium (the free one). The browser is Seamonkey 2.38, and I also have Adblock Plus installed. So far, there have been no problems at all getting onto this site - No messages, no warnings, No nothing, It's not a solution to the bigger problem, but it seems to be working for now.

If I access The Amp garage through a Google search, I get the warnings, but I access it from the browser bookmark menu with no problems. Also, my browser home page is not set to Google or Gmail.

All the best,
LDC