Again - please, web master, fix the attack site stuff

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

deeder

Re: Again - please, web master, fix the attack site stuff

Post by deeder »

rp wrote:
I know they always doped, even in the days of Fausto Coppi but it was always with a nod and wink and out of the mass public eye and no one made tens of millions in salary and hundreds of millions in sponsorships off the cheat. The doping was more down to earth, a Gauloises, a glass of wine, a bennie and you were off.
It was the golden age with Fausto rp !^)
2203/2204-ish/Deluxe Reverb
David Root

Logged in thru MSN

Post by David Root »

I too could not get in thru Google Chrome on my new computer. I got in thru MSN, no warnings, nothing. No bots on MSN??
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I'm using Google Chrome and have been able to get through but I still have that alert page and bypass it. Tried to correct my settings to accept ampgarage.com but no luck.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

M Fowler wrote:I'm using Google Chrome and have been able to get through but I still have that alert page and bypass it. Tried to correct my settings to accept ampgarage.com but no luck.
Just go to settings...advanced settings...Privacy section. Uncheck "Enable phishing and malware protection".

The red warning screen will disappear.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Thanks for the help Slucky. :)
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

sluckey wrote:
M Fowler wrote:Just go to settings...advanced settings...Privacy section. Uncheck "Enable phishing and malware protection".

The red warning screen will disappear.
... and all your phishing and malware protection will disappear too, for all sites.

As I noted in a recent post, not fixing Google's listing of the site as malicious will train people to ignore warnings. Bad idea. Whether this site actually is or is not an attack site, some sites definitely are, and disabling warnings amounts to wandering around with your eyes closed.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

... and all your phishing and malware protection will disappear too, for all sites.
Of course that's true. But have you noticed that Chrome's settings open in a separate tab? All you have to do is click once to turn off protection, switch to another tab and access TAG with no warnings, switch back to the settings tab and turn on protection when you're done. Seems pretty straightforward and simple to me.

I'm sure you would not want to even access TAG if you suspected the warning was valid. But since you are posting, I guess that's not the case.

The real fix is to get off Google's black list. I don't understand why that is taking so long if the threat is bogus.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

sluckey wrote:
...The real fix is to get off Google's black list. I don't understand why that is taking so long if the threat is bogus.
Yup, getting off the black list is the real fix, but it is a bit difficult to demand something from someone who is donating the site and the time to maintain it. It is never easy or reasonable to force a schedule on 'volunteers'. 'I want your volunteer work done now!' is kinda rude. While not optimal, I am happy to use the site as is. It is free and has been pretty well maintained over the years. This is a minor inconvenience IMO. I have protection on my machine which is reasonably good, so I am willing to take the chance. I know this will be solved eventually.
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

vibratoking wrote:
sluckey wrote:
...The real fix is to get off Google's black list. I don't understand why that is taking so long if the threat is bogus.
Yup, getting off the black list is the real fix, but it is a bit difficult to demand something from someone who is donating the site and the time to maintain it. It is never easy or reasonable to force a schedule on 'volunteers'. 'I want your volunteer work done now!' is kinda rude. While not optimal, I am happy to use the site as is. It is free and has been pretty well maintained over the years. This is a minor inconvenience IMO. I have protection on my machine which is reasonably good, so I am willing to take the chance. I know this will be solved eventually.
I never demanded anything or even insinuated a demand. I just offered others a safe way around the Chrome red warning page.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

I was just remarking about the, and I'm paraphrasing, 'why is it taking so long' question that you posed. While not specifically a demand, it has implications. I am only pointing out that this site is donated.

By the way, turning off Chrome's protection is not a safe way around the warning page. In fact, it is exactly the opposite.
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

vibratoking wrote:I was just remarking about the, and I'm paraphrasing, 'why is it taking so long' question that you posed. While not specifically a demand, it has implications. I am only pointing out that this site is donated.
I never said "why is it taking so long". I said "why that is taking so long". There's a difference. You incorrectly heard a question. But it's not a question. Just a comment. No different than saying I don't understand how a particular circuit works. Nothing was implied other than I don't understand. I didn't even ask for an explanation because I don't believe the site is dangerous. If I did, I would not be logged on.
By the way, turning off Chrome's protection is not a safe way around the warning page. In fact, it is exactly the opposite.
If you look at what I said you'll see that it's perfectly safe, if in fact, as I believe, this site in not a threat. Disable protection while you're on TAG, turn it back on before you walk out the door. It's only dangerous IF this site really is a threat. What I suggested only takes two clicks.
NickC

Post by NickC »

For whatever it's worth, I normally use Safari (Mac) browser. I've been unable to properly surf TAG for months, because Safari and Google make it impossible to log in.

I have resorted to using Firefox, and clicking through all the "warnings" and ignoring them. Was finally able to log in and make this post. Maybe it'll help others to learn of this alternative (or maybe it has already been mentioned and I missed it .... in which case I apologize for the redundancy).
roberto

Post by roberto »

Now also Safari says this site is unsafe because of fishing.
What's going on?
randalp3000

Post by randalp3000 »

I just got through with explorer.

man I miss this place :D
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

New iOS has a Safari update that throws the phish warning. It's getting more and more difficult to get in...