Again - please, web master, fix the attack site stuff

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

vibratoking

Re: Again - please, web master, fix the attack site stuff

Post by vibratoking »

I already mentioned that some of my comments were not exactly on point, but you can keep reiterating it if it makes you feel better. Reiterate is not the same as refute. :P
It may well be that google looks where the third, fourth, fifth... party blacklists say, and if malware is found, they scan it, yada, yada.
Or it may well NOT be. None of the RBL scanners that I checked list www.amgarage.com as a problem. Seems only Google and their partner stopbaware.org are involved. BTW, it's nearly impossible to prove a negative. It appears that Google is more than the messenger, but rather judge, jury, and executioner in a guilty until proven innocent model that they established in the name of 'protection'. Sound familiar?

FYI, Safari uses Google's blacklist as well. This is one instance where I could shoot the messenger, as alluded to, but notice it's not happening.

Yes, this could be fixed already by 'playing' Google's game. My point is that Google's reach is excessive and that they implement abusive business practices. This is but one example.

I won't waste my time suing Google. I just don't use their services or do business with them. Think about what level you want to act on.

Your sig says:
Quote:
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.

Think about it.
That's a non sequitur.
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

vibratoking wrote: That's a non sequitur.
Not really. Think about it.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

I like Google.
Structo

Post by Structo »

I LIKE CHEESE!
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Me too! :D
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

JazzGuitarGimp wrote:Allynmey, it would be nice if you would at least tell us your thoughts on this. What are your intentions? If you've had enough of TAG, and it's your intent to just let it wither away, then just step up to mic and tell us.
....or..... you could just continue to ignore this thread, as if it doesn't exist! :-(
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
Gibsonman63

Post by Gibsonman63 »

Ok, I get it. I am fine on my PC but I cannot post attachments from my iPad.
RWood

Post by RWood »

JazzGuitarGimp wrote:
JazzGuitarGimp wrote:Allynmey, it would be nice if you would at least tell us your thoughts on this. What are your intentions? If you've had enough of TAG, and it's your intent to just let it wither away, then just step up to mic and tell us.
....or..... you could just continue to ignore this thread, as if it doesn't exist! :-(
Ditto!!!!!! Does he even know? I've not seen a comment from him.
If it don't get hot and glow, I don't want it !
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

He's fully aware, evidenced by some back-channel communications.

He either does not care, or chooses not to fix it. Perhaps this is another result of pique about google. I don't know.

I think we can all count on this not being fixed, except by accident. It's like so many things in life (perhaps including google :D ) : it is what it is. The only thing that forum users can do is accept it and get on with life.
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

R.G. Please just don't get all pissed off at the lack of action. I was delighted when you showed up here.
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

I second Firestorm's sentiments.
There are a lot of regulars missing here though. I know some have health issues, but a lot are MIA. It is a shame. Hopefully things will get back on track.
Why Aye Man
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

Oh, I'm long over taking my ball and going home. :D

It's just sad to see a situation where conditions help set people up for getting mal-wared on the internet by training them not to be careful.

I don't have that problem. I spent 3+ decades in the computer business, and as a result I'm not paranoid - I **know** the nebulous "they" is out to get me. :shock:

As a result, I have a very complete set of shields up that I very seldom drop. Other people may not be as sanguine. Hate to see that.

Even then, I seldom comment on threads here any more. There's always a cost to dropping the shields.
RWood

Post by RWood »

Any other sites that the regulars here frequent? I'm growing weary of being lulled to sleep with a false sense of security.
If it don't get hot and glow, I don't want it !
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

RWood wrote:Any other sites that the regulars here frequent? I'm growing weary of being lulled to sleep with a false sense of security.
Music Electronics Forum aka MEF. Some of our TAGsters are on there already. In many ways it's similar, and has some departments that appeal to pickup builders.

MEF not without their own security problems, but fortunately not affecting members directly. About 2 ½ years ago their deep collection of schematics disappeared from the server, a tragedy that still hasn't been explained or repaired though many schemos have been posted since.
down technical blind alleys . . .
xtian

Post by xtian »

I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com