****Site Problems Update****

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Roe

Re: ****Site Problems Update****

Post by Roe »

Yes, I got the warning again as well
www.myspace.com/20bonesband
www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Express, Comet 60, Jtm45, jtm50, jmp50, 6g6b, vibroverb, champster, alessandro rottweiler
4x12" w/H75s
jelle

Post by jelle »

No issues here whatsoever with Internet Explorer 11.
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

The reality is that if any browser shows the attack page warning, then the browsers that don't are just not showing you the warning.

That means that they will also not show you the warning on a live-and-dangerous attack page.

It's not google's fault.
It's not your browser's fault.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

The site was down this morning due to a problem with the host
... There was a post about it on FB. Allyn's comment was very reassuring!

" Allyn Meyers - Server issue...being worked on now.

Back up...host issue

As a side note, I want to say that I've been working to fix the issues. There are NO virus infections on the site. I think someone who has been removed a year ago keeps reporting the site as infected. I am working on replacing the forum with the upgraded software. The issue is the data. We can't lose anything..."
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

Yep, that would be nice.

However, with the exception of now thinking it's someone with a grudge instead of evil google, that's a rough paraphrase of Allyn's comments on this topic on Nov 29, 2015.

We've been here before.

The data can be (and has been) backed up, so it would not be lost. A direct backup of the entire site as it is, frozen in time, would fit on a single disk well under the now-tiny-baby terabyte drives. So keeping one frozen copy, using another copy to experiment with, and leaving a third instance on line is feasible.

Just not getting done, for some reason.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

dorrisant wrote:The site was down this morning due to a problem with the host...
I'm guessing TAG got caught up in the huge attack that ensued on Friday morning. At first, I thought TAG was simply down for the count. It was a relief to learn TAG being off line was the least of it. Thank you for what you are doing, Tony.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

No problem Phil... Glad to be able to report some good news about the issue. :)
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

R.G. wrote:...Just not getting done, for some reason.
I'm reasonably sure that Allyn is keeping a better eye on it than you might think. Also I think he is in the process of moving... I could be wrong, don't quote me. I would take family and home as a priority over administration of this site as would others. I am positive that he will get it done, just maybe not in the time-frame that we would like.

Personally, I have enough info to let it rest for now. I hope this is of some comfort to others here. Can you find it in your heart to trust what I'm saying?

Absolutely no disrespect intended.

Tony
Bob Simpson

Post by Bob Simpson »

Thank you, Tony.

Bob Simpson
Please understand that IMO an answer to this question is of no practical relevance at all. - Max
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

dorrisant wrote:Can you find it in your heart to trust what I'm saying
My guess is, he will continue his whine-fest....ad nauseam....
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

dorrisant wrote:I'm reasonably sure that Allyn is keeping a better eye on it than you might think. Also I think he is in the process of moving... I could be wrong, don't quote me. I would take family and home as a priority over administration of this site as would others. I am positive that he will get it done, just maybe not in the time-frame that we would like.
Aye, I'm all for kith, kin, home and hearth before business and hobbies. I make that choice all the time.

On the other hand, I suspect that he's not been moving for eighteen months solid now, nor that moving prevents allowing others to help, as many have offered. It's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

And in fact, owning the thing as he does, he can ignore it. It's his'n, ain't it? Or he could just turn it off. Whatever.
Can you find it in your heart to trust what I'm saying?
Sure. And no disrespect taken.

On the other hand,
seems just a little snotty to me. Particularly since I've explained that this is largely a trainwreck I find mesmerizing to watch, and a pity since there are many ways for it to end poorly and only a few for it to end well. It doesn't affect my welfare either way.

I suppose that blaming the messenger has always been a popular pastime. :D [/quote]
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

R.G. wrote:
On the other hand,
seems just a little snotty to me. Particularly since I've explained that this is largely a trainwreck I find mesmerizing to watch, and a pity since there are many ways for it to end poorly and only a few for it to end well. It doesn't affect my welfare either way.

I suppose that blaming the messenger has always been a popular pastime. :D
[/quote]

I don't believe he was blaming the messenger. it's the number of times you have "delivered" your message. And re-delivered......and re-delivered.....etc....etc....
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

R.G. wrote:
dorrisant wrote:I'm reasonably sure that Allyn is keeping a better eye on it than you might think. Also I think he is in the process of moving... I could be wrong, don't quote me. I would take family and home as a priority over administration of this site as would others. I am positive that he will get it done, just maybe not in the time-frame that we would like.
Aye, I'm all for kith, kin, home and hearth before business and hobbies. I make that choice all the time.

On the other hand, I suspect that he's not been moving for eighteen months solid now, nor that moving prevents allowing others to help, as many have offered. It's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

And in fact, owning the thing as he does, he can ignore it. It's his'n, ain't it? Or he could just turn it off. Whatever.
Can you find it in your heart to trust what I'm saying?
Sure. And no disrespect taken.

On the other hand,

I suppose that blaming the messenger has always been a popular pastime. :D
[/quote]

R.G, what's your favorite cheese?

TM
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Since things seem good for now, I'm wondering if we're fine un 'Announcment' ifying these and making them normal posts?

I took down the others related to the completed updates and maintenance.
tUber Nerd!
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

On an Android using Chrome... I get this. Can't get it to get out of the way... What gives? I didn't touch anything to pop them open. Page just loaded that way.
Screenshot_20170218-151331.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.