NGD!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

HeeBGB
Site Admin

Re: NGD!

Post by HeeBGB »

No. I actually had to extend my handgun purchase permit. I am most likely going to build a 1911. I was able to fire a few rounds through my friends Kimber 1911 and my brothers home built 1911 at the same time. I liked my brothers better.

I have been travelling for work a LOT lately so I haven't been able to do much
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

HeeBGB wrote:No. I actually had to extend my handgun purchase permit. I am most likely going to build a 1911. I was able to fire a few rounds through my friends Kimber 1911 and my brothers home built 1911 at the same time.
I would start with a Caspian slide/frame and a EGW 1911 hard pin kit. No use in paying Kimber prices for a factory gun full of MIM parts.

TM
cbass

Post by cbass »

Well I figured out I have to shoot a pistol lefthanded also. All this time I was just thinking I wasnt very good with a pistol.
In case anyone was wondering I absolutely love my cz75 . I want to get a compact one also
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

cbass

Post by cbass »

Funny lookin 1911 :P
malt

Post by malt »

I'll tell you all my secrets, but I lie about my past.
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

cbass wrote:Funny lookin 1911 :P
Yea. I couldn't find a 1911 that I liked. I was going to build my own but decided to wait on a build because I want to collect parts over time and not have to use cheap parts.

I really wanted a CZ75 SP-01 tactical but that will have to wait.

I really like the mag release on the H&K. I have yet to put a round through it. Maybe later today?
cbass

Post by cbass »

Theres a guy on gunbroker that sells a lot of surplus police/military pistols on gunbroker lots of CZs babt desert eagles ,S&W 59s, high poweres berrettas etc.
Theres also the canick Cz copies that are supposed to be nice for under $350 I looked some over but my conscience wouldnt let me buy a product from a muslim country.
Im gonna make a video of me shootin up cans from 25yds because I know you guys wont belive me if I just tell you. I really didnt think your dominate eye mattered in wich hand you use a pistol but I went from being a fairly poor shoot to imma gonna shot this pbr can up at 25yds no problem just by switching to my left hand.
Hows the HK shoot Not familiar with them? looks similiar to a walther
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

I have yet to put t round through it. I was going to go to the range yesterday and found out that my range is under construction and closed for the month of June. I am going to try to get over to the range at Fort Dix when possible. I'll report back when I take it out for a test drive
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Eye dominance does matter. And a good.shooter can fire with either hand , and switch eye dominance. It takes work but can be done.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I can't see out of my right eye. So I have no choice with a rifle or a bow. I want to be righthanded with my pistol cause that's my strong side , left handed holsters ambi controls etc. But it just ain't happening.
I went from being lucky if I could hit a can with 5 rounds at 15yds . To being absolutely confident that I will hit it everytime by switching to my left
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Well I guess it's a little easier to shift dominance if you can't see out of one eye.
Though Cbass, I get the impression you are fairly self sufficient and would have no trouble in a defensive situation, no matter the obstacles.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I don't know about all that I do my best to avoid situations to begin with . I used to think I was tough
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

Now that's a bad asses answer.
:twisted:
Why Aye Man
LeeMo

Post by LeeMo »

I used to shoot IPSC competitions against an elder gent who shot right handed left eye dominant. He was almost blind in his right eye. He outscored me on most shoots. What he lacked in speed he all but made up for in accuracy.
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,