Eight months on the attack site list

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

R.G.

Eight months on the attack site list

Post by R.G. »

The attack page listing happened sometime in the first week of June, 2015. The Amp Garage has been on it for eight months now.
Ron Worley

Re: Eight months on the attack site list

Post by Ron Worley »

And it's a royal PITA.
Ron
xtian

Post by xtian »

It really, really would be better without the warnings.

Like RG and others, I am totally willing to help with time, money, expertise. (I've been a webmaster for 24 years).
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

R.G.

If it were going to get fixed, it would have happened by now. Probably best to just accept it for what it is. Seems to me like you're spending a lot of negative energy on this...

Regards,
Lou
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
xtian

Post by xtian »

We might could "accept" the current condition, except that we were told it was being fixed, in one of the rare communications we've had on the issue.
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

Yes, we were told, but there is no physical evidence to suggest we were truthfully told.
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

I'd certainly be willing to help save the place. Lot's of nice folks here with common interests. It's a rare gem. Just tell me what I can do!
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

JazzGuitarGimp wrote:If it were going to get fixed, it would have happened by now. Probably best to just accept it for what it is. Seems to me like you're spending a lot of negative energy on this...
Depends on your viewpoint, I guess.

I actually think the place is worth saving, and I've volunteered time and knowledge, such as I have, to helping. In lieu of being able to donate that, I'm doing the only thing I can do - keep the issue being thought about in a factual, realistic way. I consider that if it does not get talked about, it certainly won't get fixed.

In fact, as I've already posted, it probably won't anyway. I agree with you that if it were going to get fixed, it would most likely have happened already. But training your friends to ignore attack software notices does them no favors, here or other places.

So I point out the situation in a factual, non-confrontational way, which is how I intended my comments.

I've seen negative energy on the web before, the ranting, raving, personal attacks, lambasting hyperbole, trolling and general lunacy that makes some sites get to be unusable. In my mind, pointing out how to improve something that already has some good points isn't negative, it's very positive.
Littlewyan

Post by Littlewyan »

I do get the feeling that a lot of people are avoiding this site because of the warnings. I'm not sure what Allyn's intentions are. It seems to be quite rare we hear from him nowadays so I guess hes pretty busy.
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

OK! At the risk of being capt obvious, I know some of you are frustrated. Mainly because of the site issues but also because of the lack of updates on what is happening. I myself haven't spoken to Allyn in over 8 months.

At any rate, I was able to speak with Allyn today so here is an update.

First, the bad....

We are going to have to endure the warnings for a bit longer.

Now the good!

I currently have copies of phpBB 2.0.19 (our current version) and the latest version running on a local server here at home. I do not have the database so they are blank forums. Allyn is hopefully going to get me a backup that I can load onto my home server to produce a running mirror of TAG. Once we have a running mirror we will try to upgrade the mirror to the current version of phpBB. If all this works we can then upload the updated mirror to the server and hopefully put all this crap behind us.

Just please be a little more patient
xtian

Post by xtian »

Thank you for the update!!!
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

Right on Greg, this would be a great improvement on the current experience.
Ron
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

That's good news - Thank You!
Do let us know if we can help in any way. A lot of us would like to contribute what we can to keep our tiny corner of the Internet safe & sound.
Thanks again,
Bob
Why Aye Man
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

Thank you Greg and Allyn, and I echo other folks that if contributions are needed to help defray update costs, I'm in.
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

HeeBGB wrote:I currently have copies of phpBB 2.0.19 (our current version) and the latest version running on a local server here at home. I do not have the database so they are blank forums. Allyn is hopefully going to get me a backup that I can load onto my home server to produce a running mirror of TAG. Once we have a running mirror we will try to upgrade the mirror to the current version of phpBB. If all this works we can then upload the updated mirror to the server and hopefully put all this crap behind us.

Just please be a little more patient
So how's it going? :D