Structo?????

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

deiseldave

Re: Structo?????

Post by deiseldave »

jelle wrote:I have the address now. This is such a wonderful community, I had it in my inbox within a few hours from a member here. Will send letter.
I agree. There are so many awesome people in this community. Structo has helped me a bunch, also. Hoping he is ok.
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

Bob S wrote:Thank You TM & Jelle.
A lot of us are concerned about Tom.
I used to have his address, but I lost all my contacts due to a fried hard drive.
I hope he's ok.
No need for thanks; I too had his info at one time and thought I still had it in a saved message.

TM
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

I dug up some old email and found Tom's last name. Google search reveals nothing under his name in Oregon.
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

vibratoking wrote:I dug up some old email and found Tom's last name. Google search reveals nothing under his name in Oregon.
I did the same. I like to think no news is good news there.
jelle

Post by jelle »

Same, but I deleted that comment from my earlier post. yea
jelle

Post by jelle »

Letter sent. I hope it is the right person, if any of you has a verified correct address, please email me at jelle (at) welagen.com.
jelle

Post by jelle »

Ok guys, Diane, Tom's wife just gave me a call and informed me why Tom has been offline. She also asked me to put this online for you all to read, so please understand that I am putting this here as per her request.

It is bad news. Diane informed me that Tom had a stroke or a series of strokes several months back.

As a result, he currently has general amnesia. He cannot read, write, or speak full sentences. He does not know his passwords to TAG, email etc. So Diane cannot log in and make contact with others, which has been difficult. She thanks us for reaching out. She read this thread out to Tom, and that he recognized us, and Diane was very much touched by that.

Tom is expected to recover, but it is unsure how much he will recover and how fast, the Neurologist said it will take time for new connections to be formed that will restore the memories.

She also asked me to keep Tom in our prayers.

Tom, I am so sorry this happened to you, I hope to see you back here. Diane, this must be intensely difficult, all the best. :(

Jelle
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Thanks for the report Jelle. Glad to know that he recognized what we have posted.

Tom, please know that our thoughts are with you and we all wish for a full speedy recovery. We miss you here and anticipate the day that you can post again. Until then we will keep thinking positive thoughts for you and yours!

Diane, thank you so much for reaching out to us and thank you again for being there for Tom. Dare I say we love him as a brother and appreciate all of the great things he has done to help us. Also, you could create an account rather easily if you would like to help Tom to respond... Not a requirement, just a thought.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Not good news for sure, but at least there is some hope of recovery. I'm sure it meant a lot to Tom and his wife to hear that the TAG community missed him. Maybe it'll even help with the rewiring process!
xtian

Post by xtian »

Godspeed swift recovery big love!
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
telentubes

Post by telentubes »

So sorry to hear about Tom. Thank you Jelle for reaching out, and to Diane for getting back to us. I know it is a long haul, but I hope to read some new post from Structo sometime down the road.
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

Not the best news, but it is positive!, he's on this side of the dirt and the fact that he could recognize us and feel that we care about him, had to uplift both their spirits.

Any thoughts on pitching in on some type of gift?

TM
deiseldave

Post by deiseldave »

ToneMerc wrote:Not the best news, but it is positive!, he's on this side of the dirt and the fact that he could recognize us and feel that we care about him, had to uplift both their spirits.

TM
I'm in on a gift movement. Money always helps situations like that.
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

ToneMerc wrote:Not the best news, but it is positive!, he's on this side of the dirt and the fact that he could recognize us and feel that we care about him, had to uplift both their spirits.

TM
Count me in. Or maybe a GoFundMe?

Godspeed to you Tom.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
bluesfendermanblues

Post by bluesfendermanblues »

Tom, Get well soon and get those EV's in the ol' Vox cabinet singing again!
Best of wishes to you and Diane.
Diva or not? - Respect for Mr. D's work....)