Triodestore or TriodeElectronics

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Sappy

Re: Triodestore or TriodeElectronics

Post by Sappy »

The last few times I ordered from them, I wasn't impressed either. Poor packaging, I had to call and dispute the shipping charges once because I didn't get the shipping rate I was promised, things taking forever to ship (2-3 weeks after the order was placed), etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if their business has suffered from that kind of mismanagement to the point that they have to call it quits.

What's sad is when I would order from them around 1999-2002 they were GREAT! Lightning fast, they knew how to pack things for safe shipment, responsive to questions and inquiries about issues... I didn't order anything from them between 2002 and 2015. Since 2015, not impressed, and each time I placed an order with them it was even worse.

The people in florida "amp parts direct" or whatever are the ones to deal with if you want Classictone iron. I've found them to be very fast. Faster than Triode... and *I* live in Illinois so Triode is only 5 hours away! But you can bet I'll get my stuff from the Amp Parts ppl in Florida faster than Triode every time.

Does anybody know if they had a big change in ownership or management between 2002 and 2015? Totally, radically different experiences. I don't think it's possible for them to be the same people today who were running Triode back then.
telentubes

Post by telentubes »

Not to besmirch Triode Electronics as they have been fine over the years, but here's another plug for Amp Parts Direct. Ordered 3 transformers Monday morning and they just arrived, well packaged, 2 1/2 days later. Got a shipping notice from them Monday, just hours after ordering.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I decided to order the Twin Reverb transformer pack and they shipped quick and arrived in great condition. Who would have guess. :D

Mark
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

That's good news. I hope they have fixed whatever the issue was. We need to have a few options available to keep the availability of tube amp parts high and prices reasonable.