Triodestore or TriodeElectronics

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Ron Worley

Re: Triodestore or TriodeElectronics

Post by Ron Worley »

Mark, I believe that Amp Parts Direct might be part of Antique Electronics. You build enough to qualify for their wholesale side- CE Distribution. Good savings over the retail side.
Ron
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

OK, spoke to soon. Looked it up and I had it confused with another part of Antique Electronics called Tubes and More. Oops....
Ron
Pierre

Post by Pierre »

I ordered an MC output trans and impedance selector switch from triodestore about 4 years ago. The transformer arrived ok, but I think it took about two months to get the switch! Luckily, I too am a slow builder. I just ordered and received a transformer from amp parts and it arrived in a few days (shipping seemed high?). I remember that triodestore had horrible communication. Lesson learned!
MakerDP

Post by MakerDP »

Ron Worley wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:33 am Mark, I believe that Amp Parts Direct might be part of Antique Electronics. You build enough to qualify for their wholesale side- CE Distribution. Good savings over the retail side.
You probably were thinking of Amplified Parts which is part of the AES/CE Dist family.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Haven't heard a thing from Amp Parts Direct on my shipment of MC transformers so they are no better then Triodestore.
telentubes

Post by telentubes »

I've been having better luck with Amp Parts Direct. Ordered a 18001 OT on Monday afternoon. Arrived today. Really well packaged.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Got my transformers yesterday.
jelle

Post by jelle »

After receiving a string of damaged transformers from poor packaging, I went back to Triode. Never had shipping damage issues, or having to fight the owner to be reimbursed for return shipping with Triode. Overall, Triode is much faster and less hassle when ordering Classictone parts.

jelle
RB

Post by RB »

My experience with Amp Parts Direct has been very good. Usually get a shipping notice within 24hrs of order and the parts show up within 2 days. On three occasions I didn't receive a shipping notice or any other email for a couple of days. So I called them. A part was out of stock each time that happened and they were waiting for it to arrive from MCI. That's the only negative thing I have experienced. I didn't get an out of stock alert on check-out and I don't know if they have a process/policy in place to notify you if they are out of stock yet. Packing has always been good. Never received anything dinged or bent up.

Regards
Randy
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

M Fowler wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:19 am Got my transformers yesterday.
How long? About 1 month?
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Triodestore order:

Order date was 12-29-2016 and received the transformers about 30 days later or more, but the rest of the order was received 3-3-2017?.

They said the wire and jacks were on back order, then later they emailed and said they would ship, then another they would ship email and then I emailed them and asked what happened to the wire and jacks you said you shipped? I then called 3 times no answer. Emailed and no answer. Then sent final email stating I want my parts or money back asap, they said what backorder? I explained again and then they shipped the parts but still no shipment notice. I asked if they were still in business and they said yes.

The Amp Parts Direct was ordered 2-24-2017 and received 3-10-2017.
mmmoser

Post by mmmoser »

I have to mirror the experience of others here. Used to get fast service and answered emails for years. Now there is no reply to any attempt to contact them and orders status says April 17 delivery which is long past now. I have asked for refund and cancellation of order, hope it works.
Amp Parts Direct is out of Florida. Sent an email with a question about a transformer and I got a phone call from the owner in about 15 minutes. I received a 4 transformer order in 3 days plus they even included the wiring sheets (a nice touch). I must vote with my experience and go with them from now on.
Frugal Amps
Krinkle

Post by Krinkle »

Just ordered Twin OT, choke and reverb trannies, got them within 2 weeks. Who knows?!?
Blackburn

Post by Blackburn »

This is distressing news as I used to order from Triode :(
mhartman

Post by mhartman »

I've always had good service from triodestore. No complaints here.