Triodestore or TriodeElectronics

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

M Fowler

Triodestore or TriodeElectronics

Post by M Fowler »

I have called and emailed (no answer) and they seem to have gone out of business.

From what I have heard they owe a lot of people refunds or parts, myself included.

Mark
rogb

Re: Triodestore or TriodeElectronics

Post by rogb »

They have sometimes been very slow to answer and to get stuff out.
+1-773-871-7459

This is their regular phone#

admin@triodestore.com
another email to try
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Very sorry to hear that Mark, but I'm ultimately not surprised. I had one experience with them maybe four or five years ago, I don't remember, but it sucked and I never went back. Good riddance.
rogb

Post by rogb »

Oh dear, sorry to say they have got even worse, according to these reviews.

I got in touch with Magnetic Components and told them about the poor service from their distributors ISTR.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Triode-E ... 6731293932
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I'm the lucky one I received all my transformers I'm only missing cloth wire and some switchcraft jacks.

Others are missing kit parts and transformers etc.

Looks like they had a pretty poor business rating and BBB rated.

They said it was being shipped on last email and all emails have stopped no reply. Phone calls go to voice mail.
MakerDP

Post by MakerDP »

Wow I didn't know people had trouble with them. I've only ordered ClassicTone transformers from them and they were sometimes two to three days before shipping stuff but I always got it and there was never any trouble with them.

This makes me nervous because I thought Triode and Magnetic Components were one in the same...
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I have always had pretty good service from them and if it was a supply issue they would reduce the price since I had to wait so long.

However, just recently they completely shut down and I have been contacted from others about problems they are having getting their orders.

I have been trying to get Triode to answer me whether or not they are closed or still operating and no contract from them now for 3 weeks.

Mark
wyatt

Re:

Post by wyatt »

MakerDP wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:59 am This makes me nervous because I thought Triode and Magnetic Components were one in the same...
Classictone is made by Magnetic Components, which in turn is owned by Marvel Elec. (another Chicago-area transformer company). ASIAK, Triode was only a dealer/distributor.
telentubes

Post by telentubes »

I've had some waits with Triode, but nothing serious, considering my snails pace build schedule. I ordered from Amp Parts Direct about a month ago, just for a change, and got my transformers within a week. Ordered Monday, arrived Thursday, and I am on the other side of the country from them.
fusionbear

Post by fusionbear »

NOOOOOOI! I have been using them for years....
Learning to learn...
BetterOffShred

Post by BetterOffShred »

I just recently ordered some champ transformers and it took 3 weeks before they even shipped. But as someone else said, I kind of build slow so I'm not too terribly tore up about it. Just thought it was worth mentioning I guess. I emailed them after 2 weeks asking why they hadn't shipped after the order status said they would ship Wednesday for two weeks straight. I also got no reply. Kind of shitty.
-Brett
Roe

Post by Roe »

I've been lucky with them but I haven't ordered anything recently
www.myspace.com/20bonesband
www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Express, Comet 60, Jtm45, jtm50, jmp50, 6g6b, vibroverb, champster, alessandro rottweiler
4x12" w/H75s
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I'm still waiting for Triodestore to ship my backorder parts which I'm surprised I finally did get an email and they said they were still open for business and that I should have received everything on my order.

I did not receive a shipment notice or the parts and they haven't responded back about the missing parts either.

This is new for me, I've been shopping with these guys for years even though they have poor customer service, no shipment notices, don't answer the phone or emails.

No more complaining from me just advising to beware.

Mark
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Received my remaining parts today so now I can stop complaining, hope others can get their money back or receive their parts.

I started ordering my Magnetic Component transformers from Amp Parts Direct now.
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

M Fowler wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:53 pm
I started ordering my Magnetic Component transformers from Amp Parts Direct now.
Thats my source for MCI iron, typically at my door in 2-3 days.

TM