Site maintenance and downtime tomorrow at 10pm PST

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Site maintenance and downtime tomorrow at 10pm PST

Post by pompeiisneaks »

The site will undergo the final migration to phpBB3 tomorrow evening at 10pm PST. It will take about an hour or two, and during that time the forums will be offline. When back it will be under the new code.

Hopefully this, and other changes we've been making will get the site de-listed from the malware blacklists.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
jelle

Re: Site maintenance and downtime tomorrow at 10pm PST

Post by jelle »

Thank you! :D
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

FYI the 'newforum' is being nuked to prep for this, so no more playground! :)
tUber Nerd!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

AAANNNDDD we're back!
tubeswell

Post by tubeswell »

Cooool!
hywelg

Post by hywelg »

Just want to say a huge thank you to the guys sorting this out, I have missed this forum. I don't post much but when I've had problems the help has been tremendous.

So glad its back and I can confirm no more warning screen (FF 47.0.2) putting the fear of god into me for venturing in.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

OK! Now I can get straight in using Safari with the fraudulent warning turned on from home. Many thanks for reviving this great forum!
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

This is absolutely fabulous! It looks great, it feels great, and it runs really fast.

I have one question. Is there any way for me to get the display panel to full screen width? I've got almost 2" on each side of the display (monitor is 19"w) that are dead white space. It would be nice to get a full width display. I've attached a screen shot.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry for this question. It would be a nice thing to do, but a little bit of Googling got me to this: https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... 9&start=60 about 25% down the page, post by mrgtb » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:25 am. It seems this is not user defined and some code needs to be changed. I think this may be too much to ask of a volunteer community.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I can likely make that change, I also want to note, though, that some of the new styles are full width. I choose one that was darker and one that was lighter. I'll see if I can get that going.
xtian

Post by xtian »

So awesome! Mobile version looks great!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Now I'm just trying to figure out why the logo is blank, I tested the fix for that in the newforum, but this migration seems to have lost it. Also I'm seeing an annoying bug with the addon styles where some of the menu opions a the top/bottom are always 'expanded' in chrome anyway /sigh
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Phil_S wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:45 pm This is absolutely fabulous! It looks great, it feels great, and it runs really fast.

I have one question. Is there any way for me to get the display panel to full screen width? I've got almost 2" on each side of the display (monitor is 19"w) that are dead white space. It would be nice to get a full width display. I've attached a screen shot.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry for this question. It would be a nice thing to do, but a little bit of Googling got me to this: https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... 9&start=60 about 25% down the page, post by mrgtb » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:25 am. It seems this is not user defined and some code needs to be changed. I think this may be too much to ask of a volunteer community.
Take a look now, I think I've adjusted it a bit better for larger 'wrap' settings.

(I'm a software engineer that knows php, javascript and css ... to an extent :P)
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:52 pm Take a look now, I think I've adjusted it a bit better for larger 'wrap' settings.
(I'm a software engineer that knows php, javascript and css ... to an extent :P)
Whoa, I'm amazed! That looks just right! Thanks.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

Interesting I still have 'wasted' space on both sides.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

yeah the link provided indicated the max width was something that would be a decent average for most desktops, if you go all the way, it ends up making some people have to scroll right, I think? I'm not 100% sure. I could still tweak the max width a bit more and see, but if it's 'acceptable' as is, it may be best not monkeyed with too much.
tUber Nerd!