Site changes - Spam Reports, Etc Please use this thread

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Re: Site changes - Spam Reports, Etc Please use this thread

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I am new enough I don't know enough. I'll leave that unless I somehow get enough push to remove it. I'd suggest that you DM the moderators and ask them to do so. I'm in agreement, its a couple years old, and removing it may be a good idea, but I don't want to go jumping around willy nilly as such a newb here ;)

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:29 pm I am new enough I don't know enough. I'll leave that unless I somehow get enough push to remove it. I'd suggest that you DM the moderators and ask them to do so. I'm in agreement, its a couple years old, and removing it may be a good idea, but I don't want to go jumping around willy nilly as such a newb here ;)

~Phil
Hi Phil,

Thanks for all of your efforts. Can you clarify who the moderators are? The only active moderator I know of is HeeBGB.
Last edited by Colossal on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

From what I see on the boards, each one has this:

Moderators: Structo, mhuss, HeeBGB

I think then that Structo, mhuss and HeeBGB would be the mods. Now if the other two are mostly awol, and HeeBGB is the only one active, I'll see if they're fine with me being a mod as well, I just feel that kind of job is different and done for different reasons usually. I don't ever feel I should overstep my lane :)

I just don't know much about the community here yet.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Having looked just now at their activity, they've been gone now since some time last year, so yeah, seems they're maybe less active. I'll PM HeeBGB and Allyn and see what they think.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

Structo (Tom) has a serious medical thing going. Mark Huss probably looks in from time to time, but Greg (HeeBGB) is the only active one these days.
Ron
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Thanks for the info, hope Tom gets better!

I've contacted HeeBGB and Allyn and we'll see.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

No need to remove Tom or Mark. We know about Tom's health issue and Mark does check in. He might not have posted in a while as I don't post like I used too (probably a good thing), but if more are needed, I'm open for suggestions.

Phil already has access to the admin panel so there is a natural progression to moderator, but in the past, moderators are approved by the membership. They are stewards of a sort, and should be known by all. if not most.

Comments?

By the way, Big thumbs up to Phil for all his work here. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Allyn, thanks! :)

That's kinda the same feeling I've had on other boards I've frequented in the past, thus why I wanted to go through the normal process.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
rogb

Post by rogb »

Allynmey wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:19 am No need to remove Tom or Mark. We know about Tom's health issue and Mark does check in. He might not have posted in a while as I don't post like I used too (probably a good thing), but if more are needed, I'm open for suggestions.

Phil already has access to the admin panel so there is a natural progression to moderator, but in the past, moderators are approved by the membership. They are stewards of a sort, and should be known by all. if not most.

Comments?

By the way, Big thumbs up to Phil for all his work here. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
What do you say, Allyn, about setting up an SSL to secure the newly revamped TAG even further. It could prevent future problems and gives more peace of mind to the members?
As Phil said, it's $50 per year, but I'm sure a few of us would chip in to help?
Thanks
Rog
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

FYI. I did a search on the word "longhorn". The screenshot result is posted below. Notice that the thread heading is missing is some cases. Making it difficult to open the thread without jumping through hoops. I think this is a by-product of the version change?

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
drew

Post by drew »

Allynmey wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:19 am

Comments?
Well, I for one approve.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

That's possibly a problem with the MySQL search backend I was trying out for searches to be faster/more efficient. It seems that only the first three results are clickable. I'm switching search to the normal phpbb3 backend but indexing may take a while. Then we'll see if that resolves the issue. If not I'll go back to MySQL as it's a lot better, and see if I can figure out why only the first three come back.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I don't see any change /sigh maybe its a phpbb3 'improvement' that you only 'want' the first three in your search? I'll have to research it a bit.
tUber Nerd!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I opened a thread on the oddity in search, I found out why the styles were being weird. It seems you 'can't' use phpbb3.1 themes on 3.2 even though the documentation somewhere explicitly said you could. At any rate, I'll need to remove the 3.1 ones, (digi and basic) since they don't conform, I've added a few more for 3.2 but they're, imo, not very cool looking but people can give them a whirl.
tUber Nerd!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Okay so since a few people said I should start moderating, and Allyn and HeeBGB were fine with it, I just added myself as a moderator, and found ANOTHER bug :) I just added myself and in the mod panel it just lists 4 of us, it now shows us all like 4 times or some thing lol!

I'll have to look into that as well.
tUber Nerd!