Site changes - Spam Reports, Etc Please use this thread

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Scumback Speakers

Re: Site changes - Spam Reports, Etc Please use this thread

Post by Scumback Speakers »

How hard is it to change my screen name? I've asked about this before but never been able to get it done.
Maybe with the site software update I can be Scumback Speakers instead of Southbay Ampworks. I haven't
had Southbay Ampworks active anywhere but here since 2008, so can that get changed please?

Let me know, thanks!

Jim Seavall
Scumback Speakers
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
Scumback - Guitar Speakers That Kick Ass!
http://youtu.be/u6U30BV2kFM
www.scumbackspeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/scumbackspeakers/
https://www.instagram.com/scumback_speakers/
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

What are you talking about? I see your name as Scumback Speakers?!? ;)

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

sluckey wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:38 pm Just hide them from the registered users list.
I found an addon that does this (It's not supported natively). I've enabled it, but can't see them directly as I'm an admin, I guess I can look as a 'guest' to see. They should be invisible to all but admins now.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

The bots are gone from the list. They were never there on the old forum version. Seeing them was just a reminder of the past. Thanks.
Scumback Speakers

Post by Scumback Speakers »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:59 pm What are you talking about? I see your name as Scumback Speakers?!? ;)

~Phil
Very sneaky, and thanks very much! LOL
Scumback - Guitar Speakers That Kick Ass!
http://youtu.be/u6U30BV2kFM
www.scumbackspeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/scumbackspeakers/
https://www.instagram.com/scumback_speakers/
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

No problem

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Phil - Your work here is fantastic!! Thanks for sorting stuff out so fast. :D

Sorry if this is stupid... I did look around for it. How do you access your "Likes"? Can't find them. I think the FAQ may be out of date...couldn't find the "saves" mentioned there either.

I see how you can message yourself from your own post... that's cool. Don't know if you could do that before.

Also, is there a new size limit to file uploads? I tried a jpg at 4.7M.... no worky.

Are there any more smileys available?

Thanks dude!

Tony
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

dorrisant wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:07 am Phil - Your work here is fantastic!! Thanks for sorting stuff out so fast. :D

Sorry if this is stupid... I did look around for it. How do you access your "Likes"? Can't find them. I think the FAQ may be out of date...couldn't find the "saves" mentioned there either.

I see how you can message yourself from your own post... that's cool. Don't know if you could do that before.

Also, is there a new size limit to file uploads? I tried a jpg at 4.7M.... no worky.

Are there any more smileys available?

Thanks dude!

Tony

The facebook style 'like' tool doesn't have a way to 'see' the likes as far as I know, just to let people see how well liked a post was. the FAQ was probably for the old software, I've not looked at it, as for 'saving' you can click the Wrench icon next to a topic to 'follow' it and 'bookmark' it for later view etc.

The maximum file size to me seems to be 10MB but I didn't set that and was likely carried over from the previous version, and may be 'per post' not 'per attachment' so if you had three that size it may have blocked due to oversized total.

As for smilies, they seem to 'support' them but there aren't a great amount of choices and they seem pretty non-existent for version 3.2 (3.0 and 3.1 but I think those aren't 'compatible' or at least I'm not sure)

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Still wondering about the size on pictures... What is the limit?
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:24 am

The maximum file size to me seems to be 10MB but I didn't set that and was likely carried over from the previous version, and may be 'per post' not 'per attachment' so if you had three that size it may have blocked due to oversized total.

As for smilies, they seem to 'support' them but there aren't a great amount of choices and they seem pretty non-existent for version 3.2 (3.0 and 3.1 but I think those aren't 'compatible' or at least I'm not sure)

~Phil
From my last reply :) 10MB. I do think that may be 'cumulative' and some apps are stupid about this because they call it "10MB" but then the back end treats it as mebibytes which are around 9.5 not 10. (basically a megabyte is 1024x10^3 bytes, but a mebibyte is 1000x10^3).

I saw the post you mentioned and it had one other attachment that was largish too. I'd guess it hit some threshold of 9.5 MB. that 10MB limit likely came from the old software, but I don't know for sure. I'd have to ask AllynMey if he want's to increase it, because he likely will add costs for the size of files uploaded etc.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Thanks Phil... I'll try again with a smaller file and see what happens. If it works that way, I'll change the res on my phone's camera...
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

You should still be able to get files that are under that size, the one you mentioned was like 4.5Mb. That would work, but you had another file that seemed to be bigger too. You could just submit another post with the second pic.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

I just tried the same file after I reduced t to 70%... 3M. Same message that t is invalid.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

oh 'invalid' means it doesn't like the file type, what's the file you're trying to upload?
tUber Nerd!
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

.jpg

Same as always... same as the other pic in the post... :shock: