Amp Badges

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

stelligan

Amp Badges

Post by stelligan »

So, my brother is a drummer. He is also a jeweler that specializes in CAD jewelry design. His son bought him a drum shell for Christmas and he has been pimping it since. He was making a badge for it and asked if I needed anything. I said I could use some amp badges ala old tweed Fender style. First picture are the test prints made of delrin. Slugs like this were used for casting the final product. These were cast in silver and then gold plated. He had me at silver.... He then painted the delrin test print to be used on an amp I just built for sister(a Tweedle dee deluxe crammed into an Epiphone Galaxie 10 cab). 3 of my nameless amps are soon to have badges they are not worthy of. :)

*sloppy clip of his new snare and one of my amps on a tune of mine: http://luckystiffs.net/DRUM_snip.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
telentubes

Re: Amp Badges

Post by telentubes »

Very cool.
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Not quite as cool as building a Les Paul from scratch but, I'll take it..... :wink:
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Wow so nice

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

tUber Nerd!
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

Very cool & professional looking.
Drool.
Why Aye Man
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

They look great and weird I was recently thinking about how to go about making logo badges with casting. :D
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

I have inquired about the cost of just the Delrin casts. If it is reasonable and bro is willing, I will post info here.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

I'm in.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Arrived yesterday. Need to find some cap head gold screws but, couldn't wait to mount a couple. JTM-45 in a tweed Bassman chassis hung in a low power Twin cab. *looks like I might have to scooch that right side up hair when the screws come?? :oops: 2 x 6L6 Bluesmaster build in a D'Lite chassis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.