Should we add a few more sub topics to the main areas?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bob Simpson

Re: Should we add a few more sub topics to the main areas?

Post by Bob Simpson »

Had you included a
8. leave it as it is
option, perhaps your numbers would be up...

Folks weren't particularly fond, as I recall, of adding the FMV subs as it is...

Bob Simpson
Please understand that IMO an answer to this question is of no practical relevance at all. - Max
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Bob, as I mentioned earlier, due to the lack of responses, and the comments here, unless something drastic changes, it's very clear that nobody want's additions and several want removals. The point of the post was to open a discussion about it because someone asked me in a PM if we could add more subforums to help making the process of finding things a lot easier. I see tons of threads that were in the 'files' section that I moved to the 'discussion' one because they were asking where to find schematics/layouts etc for a specific TW or Dumble. That's an indication itself that finding things isn't fast and easy here, so I was just trying to think of ways we could filter out some of the noise from the main files section to be just that. The TW or Dumble files themselves, and all other data went somewhere else. But it also seems that many here agree that 'files' includes someone's build progress of a clone, which is also fine with me, I'm just throwing out some suggestions.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

Guys, I mentioned this to Phil a few weeks back as my main concern was really centered around Two Rocks because I don't think that they really belong in the Dumble section. I was mainly inquiring only about a possible Dumble sub forum that maybe could be called Variants so the Dumble discussion area wouldn't be so convoluted. I really don't want sub forums called "clone" in Dumble or TW and wasn't in favor of adding those additional sections.

TM
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

ToneMerc,

Yeah I didn't want to specifically call you out, but left that up to you to bring it up, seems like I also forgot the point you'd made :). (I'm getting senile a bit early, still not quite yet 50! :D)

Basically, it's seeming pretty obvious I can close this survey out and cancel the whole thing.

Seems like people like it as it is.

I did on the other hand, finish up the dumble files cleanup too so it's down to 5 pages and everything else was moved to either Dumble discussion or technical discussion if it wasn't dumble related.

Let me know if there's other areas I should clean up.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:21 am ToneMerc,

Yeah I didn't want to specifically call you out, but left that up to you to bring it up, seems like I also forgot the point you'd made :). (I'm getting senile a bit early, still not quite yet 50! :D)

Basically, it's seeming pretty obvious I can close this survey out and cancel the whole thing.

Seems like people like it as it is.

I did on the other hand, finish up the dumble files cleanup too so it's down to 5 pages and everything else was moved to either Dumble discussion or technical discussion if it wasn't dumble related.

Let me know if there's other areas I should clean up.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

~Phil
Phil, I appreciate you at least bringing it to vote and thanks again for sweeping up.

Mike