Chuck Berry RIP

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ToneMerc

Chuck Berry RIP

Post by ToneMerc »

M Fowler

Re: Chuck Berry RIP

Post by M Fowler »

Chuck was my first influence and remained my favorite throughout the years.
rp

Post by rp »

Chuck was Prometheus, he brought black music to white people, he freed our asses and our minds followed. God bless, RIP Chuck.

Maxine Universe: Well, what -- you mean a foreign planet will actually send a message next week? 

Cocuwa: No! A foreign planet actually SENT us a message last week. Next week, the government will reveal the message to the public. 

Kreeg Antwoord: [ coughing ] You see, it all started on August 20th, 1977, when NASA put up a recording of the sounds of Earth on Voyager I. A two-hour long tape included, uh, natural sounds of animals, a French poem by Gaugliere, a passage from the Koran in Arabic, messages from President Carter, United Nations Secretary Kurt Waldheim, music -- everything from classical to Chuck Berry. 

Maxine Universe: Uh -- and you're saying that the, uh -- another civilization has found the tape? 

Cocuwa: Yes. They've sent us a message that actually proves it. It may be just four simple words, but it is the FIRST positive proof that other intelligent beings inhabit the universe. 

Maxine Universe: Uh -- what are the four words, Cocuwa? 

Cocuwa: The four words that came to us from outer space -- the FOUR words that will appear on the cover of Time Magazine next week -- are: [ he holds up the magazine" "Send More Chuck Berry". 

[ the audience applauds enthusiastically ]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rp on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy77

Post by Guy77 »

Another great one leaves us. Hopefully more youth will listen to his music now that the airwaves will be filled with it.
Long live Rock 'n' Roll!
Cheers
Guy
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

A friend of mine quipped "I wonder if he was greeted by Beethoven?"
rp

Post by rp »

martin manning wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:04 pm A friend of mine quipped "I wonder if he was greeted by Beethoven?"
Lol

BTW anyone interested in some CB that isn't the same old great 28 hits collection this is prime and not the same old thing. Kudos to whoever put it together. I even filed it under blues rather than r n r.

https://www.amazon.com/Blues-Chuck-Berry/dp/B0000ALFWT
Blackburn

Post by Blackburn »

My favorite(s) would have to be split between Rock & Roll and Memphis. I particularly like Memphis for his beautiful clean sound.
68strat

Post by 68strat »

You done good Chuck may you rest in peace