Amplifier NY resolutions?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Mark

Amplifier NY resolutions?

Post by Mark »

What are your amp/guitar New Years resolutions?
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
xtian

Re: Amplifier NY resolutions?

Post by xtian »

Well, first I'm going to... sell a bunch. :)
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
fred.violleau

Post by fred.violleau »

Finish my HRM build first!

I also just bought trannies from a late sixties super reverb. Dont know what I will build with these yet.

But I have been stung and got that amp fever. I would love something around the Vox AC 30. I tried one from 1969 once and never forgot that sound.

Anyway, suggestions welcomed!

Cheers!

Fred, learning everyday!

pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Well now that I've finished my tweedle dee deluxe, I'm about to embark on a dumble overdrive special from a bassman 100, then I'm also trying to get my cnc setup so I can make faceplates more easily. Then I can maybe start selling some of my amps :)

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks for your replies, I seem to tick all those boxes. I have a Mesa Boogie SOB that I want to turn into some form of Dumble amp, depending on what sounds good, it has been a Bluesmaster but I found I didn't like mega-boost or the clean channel that much. I do intend to move this amp on at some stage too.

I also own a Bassman 100 that I couldn't decide what to do with, I have two AC-30 chassis and transformer sets. I also have a Express to build but they are so loud that its been on the back burner for a while.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
telentubes

Post by telentubes »

I want to build another Champ style grab and go, with minimum hum, possibly with reverb, and a 12" speaker. I will also continue to work on the 50 watt ODS, which still isn't there yet. Other than that, I want to play more guitar and play less with the soldering iron.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I'd consider building a Princeton as there is a tone control and more real estate within the chassis, the cab accommodates a larger speaker too, though I don't know if a 12" speaker will fit, otherwise build a Princeton reverb.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Mark

Post by Mark »

I'd consider building a Princeton as there is a tone control and more real estate within the chassis, the cab accommodates a larger speaker too, though I don't know if a 12" speaker will fit, otherwise build a Princeton reverb.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
ampmike

Post by ampmike »

Bob Stevenson set me up with everthing to build a marshall 50 watt.I wish he was still alive because i will need some help.Its sitting on my bench half started.My NY reso will be to finish this build and put it in a real nice cab.Going to come up with a clever name in rememberance of our good buddy Bob S.
Custom Built Amps for Sale!http://faithamps.weebly.com/
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

ampmike wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:24 pm Bob Stevenson set me up with everthing to build a marshall 50 watt.I wish he was still alive because i will need some help.Its sitting on my bench half started.My NY reso will be to finish this build and put it in a real nice cab.Going to come up with a clever name in rememberance of our good buddy Bob S.
Super fitting. I'll always remember that my liverpool has some of his parts in it, he was a great guy.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Mark

Post by Mark »

What help do you need Mike?
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

During my next life, I'll build awesome amps like you do, maybe... :wink:
telentubes wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:51 pm... Other than that, I want to play more guitar and play less with the soldering iron.
I should do that too, yet I can't help myself from managing to plan my next build...
(and almost being offered a decent soldering iron for Christmas;-)
telentubes

Post by telentubes »

Actually, I need to replace my WES51 as it is on it's last legs, so thanks for the reminder. In reality, I won't be able to resist the mournful beckoning of the soldering iron so...
back to the Champ.
I've built a couple of Princeton Reverbs, and still have one that I really dig (everyone should have a PR), but I am also digging the raw, single ended sound of the recent Champ build. The Champ is a lot more compact than the PR, so really easy to cart around, but it was just thrown together with junk drawer parts, so I want to make another effort. If I get through that this coming year, I'll be happy.
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

I'd like to get a little faster at building amps. I guess what I am saying is, I want to build more amps! :-)
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
tubeswell

Post by tubeswell »

Fix up my Quad Reverb. (Might get it done before new year - fingers crossed)
He who dies with the most tubes... wins