Do not order from Wattstubeaudio

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

coldengray

Re: Do not order from Wattstubeaudio

Post by coldengray »

I won’t order from Watts anymore: I put in a $400 order and forgot to include a single chicken head knob. Ken refused to waive the $7 shipping that the individual knob order automatically tacked on, even though I ordered it right after the big order and emailed him to please combine shipping. I’m sorry but that is just lame.
RockinRocket

Post by RockinRocket »

rooster wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:42 pm

Or does the user install it and crank on it with the bolt head against the flange and the rivnut expands on the opposite side?
Maybe its user err but its nearly impossible to insert a Rivnut this way. I sucked it up and bought a 20$ tool from harbor freight after a dozen snaped bolts LOL.

When Watts had that promo of free tubes over a certain price I shopped there. He sent me a dud for a free tube, coincidence :? Worst tube I've ever bough/got new
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I use a Rivnut tool in two different size threads.

Took me a while to figure out how to best operate the tool as far as how much pressure to apply on insertion of the rivnut. I also use steel rivnuts not aluminum.

If you have ever used aluminum rivnuts, you will find out quick the threads do not last long and will gall up to point you have saw or break them out just because you installed and removed the chassis several times.
50Wplayer

Post by 50Wplayer »

A chassis from Watts arrived today. Ordered on May 25th.

Was going to be a 50w Silver Jubilee when I ordered it. I ended up stuffing the build in a 17 inch wide chassis from Hoffman, instead of a 20in from Watts.

I have about an hour left of wiring before the Jub gets powered up. I should get it done today. Same day as the chassis I was going to use arrives. Ha.

Really the only change going from a 20 in wide chassis to the 17 was moving a can cap to the inside of the chassis. Clutters the wiring a bit.

www.tubeamplifierparts.com is down also.

Jason
Finom1

Post by Finom1 »

Wattstubeaudio is still down. Do they shut their website down like this often???
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

hey Finom1, no they seem to be in a pretty bad state right now. I don't know I'd order anything from them, especially with so many other great options out there.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Winder

Post by Winder »

The site is back up. Message at the top indicates they're back from "vacation" and catching up. Seems like that's been there for awhile ... not really sure. Looking for chassis like their TW size with the lids. Anyone know where else I can find the 17x8x2 like those?
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I really like the aluminum ones that Hoffman carries, but they're a touch smaller than what you're looking for:

https://hoffmanamps.com/MyStore/perlsho ... D=!ORDERID!

go to the bottom its 17x6.5x2.5 so a bit narrower but taller.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Paultergeist

Post by Paultergeist »

Well, I hate to jump on to this bandwagon, but I desperately needed some parts for a circuit mod, and I placed the order with Watts Tube Audio <https://tubeamplifierparts.com/>. It appears that my order simply died, with no shipping confirmation, no email response, and a telephone voice-mail which does not work. I even paid for expedited shipping......silly me. Buyer beware.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I'm still missing parts Ken said he would refund me since he doesn't have the parts, but no refund.

Mark
Voxacthirtee

Post by Voxacthirtee »

Looks like Ken is just running a scam at this point.
He doesn't reply to emails, his "voicemail is having problems" so you can't leave a message when you call
Number is 727-686-8043 if anyone needs it. He hides it/omits it on the website now.

Probably time to call the Tampa Police and file a complaint with the FBI/IC3 at this point. This appears to be an ongoing scam at this point.

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

FBI won't go after a guy for pretty much under what? $10K and up crimes?
But if enough people file complaints via the ic3 site, they will look into it.
I would encourage everybody, including those who got money back via chargeback and paypal claim to file a complaint. Otherwise he will keep doing this.

This BS has been going on for a while. There is couple threads on the gearpage with people having to do chargebacks and file paypal complaints.
He needs to be stopped. Period.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...o ... s.1960514/
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... s.1960529/
Voxacthirtee

Post by Voxacthirtee »

Looks like after some internet razzing that Ken has crawled out from under his rock with the same ole line o shit he's been spouting for almost a year now.

"Attention: We are working day and night to catch up with orders. If you have an order with us and need a refund, please email, orders@wattstubeaudio.com. We will be happy to send you a refund. We should be all caught up in about a week. Please do not send multiple emails or threats or emails containing profanity as those types of emails simply slow the process down for everyone."

My guess is that no one will ever see a refund or product, but hey, i'm a cynic. Please post in this thread if you get either.

Ken watts runs Watts tube Audio and also runs the Lave Lounge Kava Bar.
He seems to have plenty of time to post on his personal page and the Lava Lounge page, but can't return any emails about non fulfillment of orders from WATTS

Try him at the Lava lounge - (727) 827-7116 - maybe getting calls there will wake him up and get him off his ass.

and if you call the Tampa Police or file a complaint with the FBI online you can direct them there as well.
The interweb Lists the address of Watts Tube Audio at -

Watts Tube Audio
5536 Haines Rd North,
St. Petersburg, FL 33714
727-686-8043

Lava Lounge Kava Bar
6700 46th Avenue North
St. Petersburg, FL
(727) 827-7116

Google pic of 5536 Haines rd north attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LilRocketman

Post by LilRocketman »

So apparently Ken is working day and night to catch up.

Has anyone had their orders ship? Has anyone heard from him at all?
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I've heard reports from multiple places that they were told the same thing, but that none of the orders seem to be even shipping yet.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
LilRocketman

Post by LilRocketman »

I'm hearing the same thing.
I'm guessing the new statement was a lie to cover the old lies.

Can anyone who reads this post their current situation with Ken please.

Let us know if you have actually even heard from him, let alone gotten a refund or had your order shipped.
Personally i have not heard back from a polite email sent. Have not seen my order go to "shipped", have not gotten a refund.

If you see his Facebook page, he responds and "likes" what people write, so he is around, on the internet, and aware.

Not looking good