Santa couldn't help himself......

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

stelligan

Santa couldn't help himself......

Post by stelligan »

Picked up a Tele body on Craigslist for $25. Maple over ash. Price reflects the router butchery that previous owner had inflicted on the poor thing. Didn't want to cover the top with a full guard because the holes were too wide for a Tele bridge to hide anyway. Dunno if there were foil pickups in it or what. Anyway, I contacted brother to make some over sized humbucker rings to hide the gaping holes.

He sent me these pics today saying the stuff was shipping tomorrow......

Pimped out Tele for Christmas!! Anybody selling a neck??
1.jpg
2.jpg
IMG_6425.jpg
IMG_6443.JPG
IMG_6511.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cbass

Re: Santa couldn't help himself......

Post by cbass »

Wow p! That hardware looks amazing
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Looks great, Buck Ninety-Nine Owens!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

I'm making him a little tube combo. Won't get there by Christmas - probably his birthday.
He even engraved the screw heads.... :shock:
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

stelligan wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:57 pm I'm making him a little tube combo. Won't get there by Christmas - probably his birthday.
He even engraved the screw heads.... :shock:
You ain't worth that much, Buck!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Reeltarded wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:29 pm You ain't worth that much, Buck!
Only when I act naturally. Yippee Ki Yi Yay!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

... my broher would have just given me screw heads. :D
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Those humbucking rings and the Tele control plate are incredibly COOL! Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing it.

With respect, 10thtx
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Undrilling the holes isn't that hard to do. Dowels, block o' wood in the cavity, a little glue. What's hard to do is to make it look like it wasn't done. Your solution is way, way more elegant. Nice stuff, really nice stuff you have there. Can't wait to see the end result.
Sone Aura

Post by Sone Aura »

Woah, that is some super nice traditional instrument engraving! That looks great! You should try doing a banjo! There are a lot of neat parts on the tone pot to engrave and the tone ring, and....... YEAH! I bought a 12 piece graver set from an old widow who put them up in The Penny Saver ads for $25 back in the 1980s. I do engraving on guns, but after seeing all my photos from 2007 deleted by Facebook except 3 pics of me with guns, I won't post pics with guns anymore. With Facebook deleting every photo except those with guns it makes me look like that is all I am about is guns. There were 100s of pictures of guitars, amps, test gear, amp gut shots, rare NOS vacuum tubes, rare tube testers, original 1950s Jensen Speakers in the original boxes, family, pets, vacation photos, but the ONLY surviving pictures have guns! That should be grounds for legal action! There were maybe 3 pictures with guns out of 600 but 597 of those pictures are GONE now. I deleted the gun pictures too. That is some scary stuff! No person sane or insane is going to use a $22,000 engraved nickel plated 1911A1 in a crime.
Only man can transmit total darkness at the speed of light.
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Yeah, this'll do...... :D
pimpTELE.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Love the color of the guitar. Has some similarities to one I built. Also quilt maple over ash but with hollow sides. No f-holes.

The gold engraved hardware on yours sure does work well with that color.

With respect, 10thtx
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

stelligan wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:58 pm Yeah, this'll do...... :D pimpTELE.JPG
Mine eyes are glazed over... big WOW! Now the tough task begins, to make that Tele sound as good as it looks.

For the rest of us who aren't his brother, does he do custom metal deco work for the rest of the world? Let us here know about it! Might drum up some biz & $$$.
down technical blind alleys . . .
Guy77

Post by Guy77 »

Maple finish looks beautiful! I think I want another Les Paul now that has that finish!

Cheers
Guy
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Leo_Gnardo wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:19 pm Mine eyes are glazed over... big WOW! Now the tough task begins, to make that Tele sound as good as it looks.

For the rest of us who aren't his brother, does he do custom metal deco work for the rest of the world? Let us here know about it! Might drum up some biz & $$$.
Yes. He does drums, pickguards & designs and makes custom jewelry. He also makes amp badges for me. See this thread: https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29976

You can contact him through this page: https://www.jcdesigns.rocks/
Make sure you tell him brother Dave referred you through the Amp Garage. Or, that you became aware of him here.

He is gearing this up for some income through this kind of stuff in retirement. He has become allergic to gold through decades of filing shards in his fingers and has been exploring other creative outlets. He is way into CAD jewelry design as well...