being sober blows

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

cbass

being sober blows

Post by cbass »

thats all
Tony Bones

Re: being sober blows

Post by Tony Bones »

It has its upsides too.
cbass

Post by cbass »

it probably does for talented likable interesting people that have friends and family
Ken Moon

Post by Ken Moon »

You said it.

It's been years for me, and I still get urges.

Going to Denver for 6 weeks next Tuesday, and I can't partake in the Rocky Mountain High because it might interfere with a med I have to take every day (for life) to suppress my immune system.

It's been posited, in small studies and anecdotally, that CBD, and possibly THC, might react with my Tacrolimus in a deadly way. Very few studies and nothing conclusive, because it's against federal law to study Schedule 1 drugs.

But I guess better safe than sorry, damnit!

And alcohol is not really great with a new liver. So much for all those awesome Colorado brewskis.

So, yeah, sober sucks :-(

But it's better than dead :-)

Sorry for the thread hijack...
cbass

Post by cbass »

wow ive never heard of medication that interacts with thc like that thats a real bummer hope you get to feeling better man. shoot you got a new liver id figure yhats like starting out fresh. i haven't been to a dr in over 25yrs i figure if i get sick enough ive got a 44mag health plan . i used to have a million dollar major medical policy that was about a hundred bucks a month but when the govt stepped in and fixed healthcare it quadrupled and at the time i couldn't afford itt and wasnt good enough to keep from paying yhe fine anyway so i dropped it
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Ken Moon wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:45 pm It's been posited, in small studies and anecdotally, that CBD, and possibly THC, might react with my Tacrolimus in a deadly way. Very few studies and nothing conclusive, because it's against federal law to study Schedule 1 drugs
That smacks of Reefer Madness Propaganda. Only thing cannabis ever killed was a poor appetite. :?
cbass

Post by cbass »

Colossal wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:43 pm
Ken Moon wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:45 pm It's been posited, in small studies and anecdotally, that CBD, and possibly THC, might react with my Tacrolimus in a deadly way. Very few studies and nothing conclusive, because it's against federal law to study Schedule 1 drugs
That smacks of Reefer Madness Propaganda. Only thing cannabis ever killed was a poor appetite. :?
thats a good point ive lost about 20lbs since i quit smoking hash and drinking and all the other stuff. i pretty much force myself to eat one meal a day. im pretty sure some of its muscle though since i dont feel like getting out doing the work i used to enjoy.
cbass

Post by cbass »

ah fuck it. im on the wrong side of the tracks. my good friend billy jo jack dun got me back drinkin out the paper sack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Being drunk or fucked up on drugs sucks way more than being sober. Being sober lets you connect to the real joys of life.
cbass

Post by cbass »

sluckey wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:56 pm Being drunk or fucked up on drugs sucks way more than being sober. Being sober lets you connect to the real joys of life.
i appreciate you're perspective. gave it a try for a couple months or so. it's not for me.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

I'm sorry.
wpaulvogel

Post by wpaulvogel »

It took me a while to get used to it. Noticed that I can do everything better than I ever could drunk or high. I still get a bad attitude sometimes. Hell, it’ll be 5 years in September. Hope the best for you.
cbass

Post by cbass »

wpaulvogel wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 am It took me a while to get used to it. Noticed that I can do everything better than I ever could drunk or high. I still get a bad attitude sometimes. Hell, it’ll be 5 years in September. Hope the best for you.
man i wish it worked the same for me. i had the pissed of delirium for the first week or so but my work has suffered. i always prided myself on having my jobs done on time. now i couldnt give a fuck less. one thing I've came ro understand is that there is no such thing as happy well adjusted people without miserable fucked up people
wpaulvogel

Post by wpaulvogel »

You’re right there. I’m not gonna get religious on you but somebody or something was with me and still is today and that’s all I have to say about it. Getting sober put me with different people and different places and let me look through different glasses. I had to get past the shakes though, man that’s tough. I ate a lot of sweets to replace the alcohol. I don’t know if that works but I did it. It took about eight months to get better and it’s still a new day every day. Anyway, I’m here.
cbass

Post by cbass »

don't worry about getting religious on me. i absolutely belive and my faith goes way deeper than being raised that way. ive experienced and felt and seen th ings i wont even talk about. because y'all would think im nuts.