Spammers

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Spammers

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Sorry for the spate of spammers,

I decided to switch from using the q&a format which has obviously been sorted by them, to using recaptcha for registrations.

Hopefully that will reduce the spam.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
martin manning

Re: Spammers

Post by martin manning »

:thumbsup:
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I also just found a ton of accounts that were inacitve and had been registered years ago and never used or logged in, quite often with .ru email domains. So I just nuked them all.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:24 pm I also just found a ton of accounts that were inacitve and had been registered years ago and never used or logged in, quite often with .ru email domains. So I just nuked them all.

~Phil
Wonderful. Thank you. Good riddance.
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Phil, I appreciate your diligence and hard work keeping the forum going and free of that nonsense. Thanks, Jeff 10thtx
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Yes, Phil, you are such an asset around here... you definitely have earned our respect.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

They’re baaacckk...
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Nuked. Damn russians, meddling in our elections and now my forums! those bastards won't quit!
tUber Nerd!
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:26 pmDamn russians, meddling in our elections and now my forums! those bastards won't quit!
Don't they have something better to do? Geeze life in Russia used to be, you had to stand in line all morning for a crust of bread, then another line all afternoon for a sausage. Things must have improved, for all those trolls to spend their time meddling with us. :roll:
down technical blind alleys . . .
Tony Bones

Post by Tony Bones »

Don't know anything about them, but I gotta wonder what they have against TAG.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Woah! Under attack! Secure the cookies and chocolate milk!
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
MakerDP

Post by MakerDP »

May a couple more willing and trusted regulars can be given "post delete/member block" permissions so that they can be cleaned-up by more than just one person?
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

xtian wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:51 pm Woah! Under attack! Secure the cookies and chocolate milk!
Hide the vodka too! Hokey smokeys, russotroll on the loose. Batten down the hatches, and defend at all costs.
Tony Bones wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:10 pmDon't know anything about them, but I gotta wonder what they have against TAG.
We had an attack at Music Electronics Forum last year, by a gang of 4 rabid russotrolls. It went on for 6 months before they were finally repelled! One problem was that the usual group of moderators had inexplicably gone on extended holiday (one had a good excuse - he died :( ) and the site admin took his sweet time before addressing the problem. Since then a number of on-the-ball moderators have been appointed, and the site admin thankfully gives MEF a good deal more attention than he previously did.

Perhaps TAG is under attack because pompeii put up some resistance. Properly so! Stay tuned and keep your earplugs in & helmets on. I have a feeling he's about to open up on Lolita with a barrage of 105 fire - kablooey to you lolita - rest in pieces.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:32 pmI decided to switch from using the q&a format which has obviously been sorted by them, to using recaptcha for registrations.

Hopefully that will reduce the spam.

~Phil
Apparently Lolita has taken up the challenge. Give 'em hell matey!

Phil - You may wish to get in contact with the site admin, tboy at MEF. As I mentioned above, there was a prolonged attack last year. tboy may have some suggestions for you to try. I sure would hate to see TAG undergo another drubbing like the one you saved us from already. Seems you have your work cut out for you. All the best! LG
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

On top of that: when looking for new members list the last 3 days there are several spam accounts that are ready to be deployed :cry: