Sloclone forum gone?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Davidg

Sloclone forum gone?

Post by Davidg »

Anyone know what is going on with Sloclone forum? I could never log in and re-regisyered but still says no active threads and if I search from google it says the website domain is available for purchase? I hadn't been on there for awhile and last few times I was Joey had a thread going about new forum names and seemed ready to retire the sloclone format. I hope its not gone and I'm just stupid because there was a lot of great info on that site especially hi-gain info. Maybe he started a diode clipping forum? Lol Anyone know?
If Hendrix had lived would he have been as good as EDDIE? (Shaver that is)
frankdrebin

Re: Sloclone forum gone?

Post by frankdrebin »

its running,i guess there is a question to answer for registering
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

frankdrebin wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:43 pm its running,i guess there is a question to answer for registering
When I go to slocloneforums.com I get redirected to some spammer site, so I'm guessing they didn't register it in time and squatters now own the domain.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:46 pm
frankdrebin wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:43 pm its running,i guess there is a question to answer for registering
When I go to slocloneforums.com I get redirected to some spammer site, so I'm guessing they didn't register it in time and squatters now own the domain.

~Phil
Sorry I stand corrected, seems like they fixed it.

It's back now.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I haven't been able to log into sloclone for many years.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

M Fowler wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:08 pm I haven't been able to log into sloclone for many years.
I've never tried registering, but one of the top searches on google for sloclone login is people saying they've been unable to login again forever either. Sounds like the forum is about as abandoned as this one was when I took it up :D

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

M Fowler wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:08 pm I haven't been able to log into sloclone for many years.
Same here. Gave up years ago.
alkuz1961

Post by alkuz1961 »

The sloclone forum is working fine and the last update of information there was today. Probably Roberto can suggest the as register there.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

alkuz1961 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:08 pm The sloclone forum is working fine and the last update of information there was today. Probably Roberto can suggest the as register there.
By abandoned I mean that many users can't get in and nobody responds to them. The site is up, people that still have access still have access, but it's abandoned by admins.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
alkuz1961

Post by alkuz1961 »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:16 pm
alkuz1961 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:08 pm The sloclone forum is working fine and the last update of information there was today. Probably Roberto can suggest the as register there.
By abandoned I mean that many users can't get in and nobody responds to them. The site is up, people that still have access still have access, but it's abandoned by admins.

~Phil
Ask Roberto. He is a slo-forum global moderator :wink:
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

alkuz1961 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:22 pm

~Phil
Oh I misunderstood that part earlier. Gotcha.

I don't necessarily need to, I've never been super interested in building or knowing about them, but just noting what I've seen on other forums about people complaining that they can't get in anymore and nobody ever responds to their requests for help getting in.

I get two or three emails a week with people trying to get in that I help out here. I'm not sure how many they may have at sloclone, maybe it has 100 times more users than here.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
alkuz1961

Post by alkuz1961 »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:31 pm
alkuz1961 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:22 pm

~Phil
Oh I misunderstood that part earlier. Gotcha.

I don't necessarily need to, I've never been super interested in building or knowing about them, but just noting what I've seen on other forums about people complaining that they can't get in anymore and nobody ever responds to their requests for help getting in.

I get two or three emails a week with people trying to get in that I help out here. I'm not sure how many they may have at sloclone, maybe it has 100 times more users than here.

~Phil
Sloclone is interesting forum with large number of useful information on amplifiers a bit another character. I think the possibility sometimes to obtain information from it will be useful to many users of this forum. Roberto is member here and I think he will help solve some problems
Davidg

Post by Davidg »

Thanks for all the response guys.I was able to register again with different email address and created another user ID and password. It is strange It will let me log in but says this forum had no forums and will not let me get to the board index.
Maybe I ticked someone off with a post or just like you said Phil the lights are on but nobody is minding the store. Thank you for taking over this site before it withered on the vine. I would hate to think Rig Talk and TGP were my only outlets for gaining knowledge on amps and such.

Can I ask how it is possible that they could have lost the domain name but the forum still be up and running for some? Seems like I remember a similar situation with Schematic Heaven before it went belly up. I could go there from a bookmark on my computer but if I searched and tried to access from Google the domain was for sale. How is that possible? I am clueless when it comes to IT tech
Davidg

Post by Davidg »

Ok update I can log in now. Thanks guys
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Davidg wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:01 pm Thanks for all the response guys.I was able to register again with different email address and created another user ID and password. It is strange It will let me log in but says this forum had no forums and will not let me get to the board index.
Maybe I ticked someone off with a post or just like you said Phil the lights are on but nobody is minding the store. Thank you for taking over this site before it withered on the vine. I would hate to think Rig Talk and TGP were my only outlets for gaining knowledge on amps and such.

Can I ask how it is possible that they could have lost the domain name but the forum still be up and running for some? Seems like I remember a similar situation with Schematic Heaven before it went belly up. I could go there from a bookmark on my computer but if I searched and tried to access from Google the domain was for sale. How is that possible? I am clueless when it comes to IT tech
I'm an IT guy, the domain registration can expire which means DNS might no longer point to the site itself (meaning mapping the name slocloneforums.com to an IP address on the internet) but the server is up on that address.

Some people possibly could still get to it if their DNS servers were not updated yet to the changes (or lack of an address in the case of expired domain) As soon as the sloclone owners re-subscribed the domain it was back again.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!