Interview.

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

norburybrook

Interview.

Post by norburybrook »

here's the latest episode of the guitar show where I was the guest.

I talk about my musical beginnings, and also my amp building journey and i demo some of my amps.

I had no idea that was going to happen so wasn't prepared for it but it's turned out OK. My Amps are completely dry which is quite raw to sit and play with in a dry room :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFx4LmK ... YM8CA_qPH4

hope you enjoy it, I gave a shout out to TAG.

M
martin manning

Re: Interview.

Post by martin manning »

Just finished watching, nicely done, and it was great to hear your CV and the amp demo's!
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Great interview, Marcus! It was interesting to learn about your musical history and hear your amps.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

martin manning wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:33 pm Just finished watching, nicely done, and it was great to hear your CV and the amp demo's!
thanks, The CV was quite limited really as they were short on time and I think big Knopfler fans so they stayed on that a lot.

Amps: yes I hope I didn't talk nonsense technically at any point, I really had no idea this was going to happen so just went with the flow on the spot with what I'd brought over . Interesting that on the video you've no idea of amp level, expect my voice disappears when the amps are loud. I was surprised the the VVR on the rocket worked so well as it was really quite quiet when I turned it down but the camera/mic kept everything at the same level as when it was LOUD and it kept it's tone. I don't use the VVR as I don't have to worry about level so much but it works well.

It's always funny seeing/hearing yourself anyway but apart from wishing I'd had at least a bit of reverb it all seems good and I hope some find it interesting :mrgreen:

@Collosal. Cheers Dave, I always like seeing videos of TAG members as I like to see and hear who people are. :)

M
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

norburybrook wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:55 pmAmps: yes I hope I didn't talk nonsense technically at any point, I really had no idea this was going to happen so just went with the flow on the spot with what I'd brought over.
No, not a bit.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

That was fun! Loved hearing your amps and getting to know a bit more about you.

Thanks for sharing.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Great interview, it was fun to hear your history and listen to your some of your amps, well done.

Mark
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Really really enjoyed that!
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Excellent! Now we really do know who you are! And it was a great interview, too.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Let's share! Here's a brief interview of me from 2017: https://www.newsreview.com/chico/totall ... d=23947873

My favorite quote: "Up until 2010, I had only played solid-state amps, which is just sad and wrong."
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Fear not, the amps sounded good. We all know if that's right, they are awesome with reverb. Great spotlight interview, nice to put a face to a name.
I'd like to play but my only interviews have been for disc golf. Let's see more!
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
professormudd

Post by professormudd »

I watched it in small chunks and it was very interesting. Enough so that I kept coming back to pick up where I left off. The amps and your playing sound terrific. You seem like a cool guy to hang out with.
-Matt

It may very well be that the sole purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

professormudd wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:26 pm I watched it in small chunks and it was very interesting. Enough so that I kept coming back to pick up where I left off. The amps and your playing sound terrific. You seem like a cool guy to hang out with.
thank you Professor Mudd :D

M
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Like what you did with the Tweedle Dee - and love the P90 Tele. Cool shit, man :!:
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

norburybrook wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:55 pm... I hope I didn't talk nonsense technically at any point...
I couldn't help but thinking to myself: "hopefully he didn't told them about the Marshmallows"... :wink:

More seriously: congrats!

I'm glad I could hear another demo of the Norburybrook Tweedle Dee Deluxe. That was pretty convincing... 8)
(me to add both cascading and NFB)

Just out of curiosity : which speaker/cab diid you play it through?