Why is this?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

dorrisant

Why is this?

Post by dorrisant »

https://reverb.com/item/10165623-gibson ... 45tks0VNTI

:shock:

I have a customer brining one of them to me this coming month. Should I do anything special while it is here?!?
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
pdf64

Re: Why is this?

Post by pdf64 »

Hire 24 hour security :D
xtian

Post by xtian »

With the condition of the handle, it's worth only $27,500, max.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

There are fun answers and serious answers. You figure out which is which.
1. It's not really for sale. OTOH, you know what P. T. Barnum said, don't you?
2. Can I sell my GA-20RVT, with condition 9/10 cab for $7,000? It only has one speaker. I think that one has 6. I divided by 6 and added a little bit because there's no vintage tape on my vintage handle.
3. Replacing the vintage handle with a replica will diminish the values, forcing a 10-folde price reduction to $4,000. I shudder to think of the effect on price of a cap job and replacing the line cord with a 3-prong. I think maybe it goes to $400?
4. When I plug in, will it teleport me back to the '60's? For that kind of money, it's the least I can hope for.

BTW, did you see the Gretch for $18,000? You should hop on that one. It's a bargain compared to the Gibby.

Oh, and you get to charge the customer an arm and a leg for the work after you show him what it might be worth. Any consideration of a handle replacement is off limits.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

I think ol' Bengt must have slipped when entering the sale price. $350.00 seems more in line. Considering his shop's location, could it have been part of the backline for fabulous hitmakers The Bay City Rollers? Well then, it would have provenance! :laughing: $35.00 would be appropriate then.
down technical blind alleys . . .