ugh... people sometimes

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

ugh... people sometimes

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Gotta love when you volunteer your time to keep a forum going, and have to manually approve anywhere between 5-20 accounts a day, and have to manually write out an email to ask if someone really is a bot or not, to get this kind of response (the thread reads bottom first to top):
Sounds good, you've convinced me I should not activate your account.

I have a choice of two evils.

Deal with so much spam on the forums that nobody will actually visit them, or be treated like garbage by people like you for volunteering my time to attempt to manually manage the mess.

Have a great life.

~Phil
pompeiisneaks
Ampgarage Admin

-----

now if i have to answer you still after so much registration formalities than better consider me spammer. and leave this all damn nonsense.

for if you dont have time to moderate the forum than why shall i waste my time here as well ? for you just consider me spammer and leave it.

-----
On Wednesday, 4 August, 2021, 08:49:26 pm IST, Phil wrote:

Due to a high amount of spam I've had to move to manually approving accounts.

Can you confirm for me why you want access to the ampgarage?

~Phil
pompeiisneaks
Ampgarage Admin
some people...

I don't write email to every person that registers. Some are very clearly people, with normalish looking usernames and email accounts coming from non spammy ip's like Portugal, US, France, Indonesia, etc... I just get wary of the china/russia and really spammy usernames and email addresses...

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
pdf64

Re: ugh... people sometimes

Post by pdf64 »

With that kind of attitude, perhaps we’re better off without them?
Thanks for taking action regarding spam, sorry you’re having to interact with that type of knob polisher :roll:
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

I don't know how this forum would function without your steady hand. I feel like we are lucky to have you. Please, keep up the good work. If a few people get left in the dust, it's unfortunate, but it is the price we pay for living in this internet age! Thank you for all you do.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Thanks, I didn't necessarily want to pull for compliments more to let people in the forum know how dumb this one was, made me give a big sigh.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
thetragichero

Post by thetragichero »

i appreciate you not allowing that kind of energy on the forum. i can be crotchety at times but that's just a little too much

thank you for your service
PRR wrote: Plotting loadlines is only for the truly desperate, or terminally bored.
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

... just consider me spammer and leave it.
Done!

There's not much to worry about someone with seemingly so few interest in the forum.

I am a bit sorry there's nothing we can usefuly do to filter spammers automatically with an high enough rate, so thank you very much for your time Phil... 8)
Scumback Speakers

Post by Scumback Speakers »

People forget they're guests on this forum, not some paid member with rights to bash the mods who do it for free.

I know, it should seem obvious, but...
Scumback - Guitar Speakers That Kick Ass!
http://youtu.be/u6U30BV2kFM
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
www.scumbackspeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/scumbackspeakers/
https://www.instagram.com/scumback_speakers/
professormudd

Post by professormudd »

Scumback Speakers wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:47 pm People forget they're guests on this forum, not some paid member with rights to bash the mods who do it for free.

I know, it should seem obvious, but...
This multiplied by 1,000...

Same with any platform online. Unless you own the site, you are a guest and subject to the TOS. People need to be more gracious and lose the attitude that they are somehow "entitled" to use digital resources that they do not own.

Phil, thank you for all the work you do. This site is one of the few places online I am not completely inundated with ads, spam, or ignorant vitriol.
Last edited by professormudd on Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Matt

It may very well be that the sole purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

We live in the age of entitlement and these high conflict/personality-disordered types have been allowed to thrive because of the narcissistic supply and instant gratification of social media, etc. I don't ever remember this much crazy, growing up. Good riddance 👋👋

And thank you, as always, for your efforts, Phil. At least here we can still enjoy civil discourse.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Colossal wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:03 pmAt least here we can still enjoy civil discourse.
Ah, man, that is SUCH low hanging fruit...I can barely restrain myself...
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

Oh, and don't get me wrong: I imagine that it is really hard for you to be taken as the bad guy after all your efforts... :?
Guy77

Post by Guy77 »

Colossal wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:03 pm We live in the age of entitlement and these high conflict/personality-disordered types have been allowed to thrive because of the narcissistic supply and instant gratification of social media, etc. I don't ever remember this much crazy, growing up. Good riddance 👋👋

And thank you, as always, for your efforts, Phil. At least here we can still enjoy civil discourse.
A thousand times what you said Colossal!!

Guy
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:50 pm Thanks, I didn't necessarily want to pull for compliments more to let people in the forum know how dumb this one was, made me give a big sigh.

~Phil
It seemed like a little positive feedback would ease the burden of dealing with ankle biters. I don't believe anyone thought you were fishing for compliments.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Phil_S wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:06 pm
pompeiisneaks wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:50 pm Thanks, I didn't necessarily want to pull for compliments more to let people in the forum know how dumb this one was, made me give a big sigh.

~Phil
It seemed like a little positive feedback would ease the burden of dealing with ankle biters. I don't believe anyone thought you were fishing for compliments.
oh totally, I get it, and I'm grateful for the positive feedback, I'm currently oscillating quite well now :P

I just feel odd sometimes getting too much positive feedback, I feel like my speakers may blow...

sorry joking aside, I do often feel odd getting too many compliments, I think many do...

Glad I can be helpful to y'all hehe.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Well, opps. Someone pushing EMC and CE got in. Great first post from the new member. :shock: