Discord

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Discord

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Well at another member's request, I've created a discord server for the forums. If you don't know what discord is, it's basically a real time messaging type platform similar to a bulletin board but where you can interactively see people typing/responding and have a much more 'chat' like experience. Additionally, if you want to there's a voice channel where people can use the computer/phone microphone and speakers to chat real time. This type of thing initially was created for gamers to collaborate on a group level, but works for many other types of cases like this as well.

Back in the day this would be very similar to IRC or Internet Relay Chat. I used to frequent those quite often.

At any rate, if people want in, here's the link. I can't recall if you can just view it in a browser or if you have to install the app, but I've had it installed on my computer and phone for some time now.

Edit: Decided to remove the link. If you want in, PM me or email me at pdavis at daviszone dot org and I can give you the link... reeltarded makes a good point, if it's searchable, spammers will come like mad.

We'll see how much traction it gets :)

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Re: Discord

Post by pompeiisneaks »

For those not sure, you're missing out, Miles (Aka Reeltarded) is his true self over there... getting some jams and insane clown posse theories in the discords :D

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I had to change my discord handle though.

I am Bloody Clown Suit
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

by the way I live most of life with discord as my window on the world and this is super fun for me.. thanks, Phil!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Suggestion

This thread needs to be visible ONLY to members. I am sure.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I don't know if there's a way to do that... forum category may be how that's handled, but I'll research it.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

There's only group level visibility. i.e. I could make the 'Garage Talk' forum member only. Right now I think all attachments are "forum member only" but the main areas are readable w/o login.. you just can't see schematics, etc.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
jabguit

Post by jabguit »

Is this a menu item? I can't find it.

cheers,
Jack Briggs
Briggs Guitars
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I will send you an invite
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I found a way that should help allow only members to sign up:
ampgarage-discord.png
This one's good for a week or 50 signups, whichever hits first. Yes you'll have to manually type in the address, but it's a photo so you can't see it unless you're a registered member.

~Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tUber Nerd!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

It's the exclusivity that makes us snobs, not the terrible sounding amps we laughed at on youtube.
drew

Post by drew »

I typed the link into my iPad browser, page came up saying pompeiisneaks invited you, etc., then tried to accept the invite and this came up:
F896D347-C563-4D24-A1C1-5880539C79D8.png
pompeiisneaks wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:06 pm I found a way that should help allow only members to sign up:
ampgarage-discord.png

This one's good for a week or 50 signups, whichever hits first. Yes you'll have to manually type in the address, but it's a photo so you can't see it unless you're a registered member.

~Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I think it's a safari support thing, I've seen multiple posts that safari doesn't support something related to the technology used in discord. I think you might need to use chrome, or install the app and then paste the invite there somewhere...

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

try this! login at this link from browser

https://discord.com/login

Then try the invite..