Modify standing to laydown

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Phil_S

Re: Modify standing to laydown

Post by Phil_S »

Reeltarded wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:33 pm You are one of them perverts what just like to look at electronics with the leads chopped off!
You talkin' to me?

So, Miles, we don't know what you are working with here. How about a shot of the chassis with the hole for the lay down? I'm thinking you might take the opposite approach. Cover the open square with a heavy duty plate and drill for the stand up tranny. Those leads are long enough to land on terminal strips. From there you can have your way with it. At the moment, this seems to be the more practical and convenient route.

If you must convert to lay down, 2 screws is enough, but not as good as 4 corner screws the UTM bracket will allow. The UTM really is better than the DIY job I described, but you can get by with just the 2 screws if the lay down window margin allows it and the chassis doesn't flex. You might look at getting a lay down end bell without the legs, which will save you some grief.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

It is a common aluminum JTM45 chassis.. you pervert. I know a standup tranny. Goes by the name "Norma Macdonald". I think I am going to make another amp with this one and wait the 1000 months for an order to shit.. err.. ship.

Since we are transformer chatting.. did I ever point out that magic 100w Marshalls have 2k5 OTs? 2k2 and 2k5. The 2k5 makes a beast of a 4 holer.

The VH amp is 2k5...
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Reeltarded wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:38 pm I think I am going to make another amp with this one and wait the 1000 months for an order to shit.. err.. ship.
No ship. I mean, shit. I mean both.......
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

We run the tightest shit in the shitting business!

That's why we fired our advertizing consultant.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.