Message to everyone

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Message to everyone

Post by Reeltarded »

It's come to our attention lately how great this place is, not because it magically craps rainbow unicorn ice cream, but because you crap rainbow unicorn ice cream. This place as a resource is worthy, and it would not be without the volumes of knowledge, the insights, and the experiences you share.

But, it's not just that. You are also a treasure to your friends here.

I appreciate you all as a family I choose. It's been a longer time than since Robert Plant rock and rolled. It's fun. It's a good distraction. It serves many purposes for many people. Think of all the success you have caused for others. What a good deal for everyone.

Much love. Be safe, be well, and be happy.

Miles

PS: No more threads about class-A single ended tube rectified 4w bass amps, please. Thanks. phew... :!:
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
ChopSauce

Re: Message to everyone

Post by ChopSauce »

Reeltarded wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:49 am PS: No more threads about class-A single ended tube rectified 4w bass amps, please. Thanks. phew... :!:
Oh, come on!

I felt great until I read that ... :lol:

Well it's neither a bass amp, nor tube rectified, but I like assembling amps & not a lot of people are interested in my musical "errances" so I don't need as much power as "front line players"... :mrgreen:
bepone

Post by bepone »

VFET amp is ok also? :P
Blindog

Post by Blindog »

Well said brother Miles!

Mark
"- Yeah, can we have everything louder than everything else? Right!"- Ian Gillan
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

Well said. This really is one of the best places to hang on the interwebz.
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

This place as a resource is worthy, and it would not be without the volumes of knowledge, the insights, and the experiences you share.
Yeah, brother!
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Well said! I'd add, I've noted extraordinary tolerance for individuals who post information that is wrong, or obviously beyond their knowledge level and/or experience. Generally, the tone and tenor of this forum is friendly and upbeat. And, on a personal note, I'm grateful for the pros here who are patient with what amateurs like me say and do.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Phil_S wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:18 pm Well said! I'd add, I've noted extraordinary tolerance for individuals who post information that is wrong, or obviously beyond their knowledge level and/or experience. Generally, the tone and tenor of this forum is friendly and upbeat.
I attribute that to the fact that the forum is mostly made up of like-minded individuals that came from a [better] time and a household that valued and instilled respect and civility. Today's high conflict types get chewed up for sport and shown the door. Facebook is right over there, if you need narcissistic supply and flying monkies. We're not doing that here.

You guys are really a nice bunch of folks and I learn something from you most every day. Hard to believe 14 years has gone by.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Phil_S wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:18 pm Well said! I'd add, I've noted extraordinary tolerance for individuals who post information that is wrong, or obviously beyond their knowledge level and/or experience. Generally, the tone and tenor of this forum is friendly and upbeat. And, on a personal note, I'm grateful for the pros here who are patient with what amateurs like me say and do.
Quit talking about me like that! :P

I agree though, and that's how I learn a ton too, trying to help, and being reminded yet again I'm way out of my depth, but still end up learning :D

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Phil_S wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:18 pm Well said! I'd add, I've noted extraordinary tolerance for individuals who...

That's because we don't give you access to the real forum.
947452CB-98F9-4061-AC83-4FF8C30E2E88.jpeg

lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:14 pm Quit talking about me like that! :P
I can't help it if your name is Phil.
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

Reeltarded wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:51 pm... we don't give you access to the real forum.

I'm feeling lucky!

:lol:
telentubes

Post by telentubes »

Yep. I don't post much anymore, or have time for amp building, but I do check in most days. Always look forward to it.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

WORD!

M
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

I have always enjoyed this forum. A little civility goes a long way; especially these days when the entire world seems to be melting down. People are doing things these days that are more despicable and/or stupid than ever before.
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture