Why still?!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Stevem

Why still?!

Post by Stevem »

The novelty has long , no make that very long since worn off to the point that to me it’s stupid that Orange still does this symbol stuff on there control panels, do they really still think it’s a selling point?

Anyone else feel the same?

Maybe they should focus more on not biasing EL84s so hot that it does this to connectors!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
ChopSauce

Re: Why still?!

Post by ChopSauce »

I can't help but feeling nostalgic by seeing those faceplates. Some claim that the elders will have to die for some things to change... :?
(roughly transposed/translated from french)
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Obvious error in the symbology forces me to agree. They correctly used the G clef for treble and F clef for bass. They they chose some weird nonsense, two arrows pointing at each other, for the mid? Are they even musicians? The obvious choice is the C clef (alto clef.) I know it is not commonly seen, unless, of course, you play viola. Anyone who reads music would be aware of it. It is not something obscure.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

patent a smiley face detonator
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

Make it a sticker, I'll buy one
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

Orange probably figgers if we still use arcane tube amps we must be suckers for every anachronism.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

(WEBDING)
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.