Archiving Amp Garage PMs

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ViperDoc

Archiving Amp Garage PMs

Post by ViperDoc »

What's the best way to archive PMs on this website? I've received some great advice from many of the helpful members here and I'd like to not lose it. Thanks.
Just plug it in, man.
Phil_S

Re: Archiving Amp Garage PMs

Post by Phil_S »

I'm a little out of my depth here, but I'll post my 2¢ anyway. Meanwhile, maybe the other Phil, the one who is running this site will pipe in.

There is software that will let you d/l a whole website. That seems like overkill and, guessing it is voluminous, presents questions about bandwidth for the d/l and disk storage requirements. I wouldn't recommend it.

Here is an add on to Firefox that might get you there: https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/fi ... don/unmht/

Description:
UnMHT 8.3.2
by arai_a
UnMHT allows you to view MHT (MHTML) web archive format files, and save complete web pages, including text and graphics, into a single MHT file in Firefox/SeaMonkey.
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

Simply copy/paste the content of the messages into a dedicated document of yours?

That is somewhat more work than just clicking on a single button but you are given the opportunity to review/sort the information, at the same time... :?
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

There's no easy way I know of, no, I think you can do as suggested and copy/paste or do screenshots.

The other of doing a full backup is very slow/expensive on the service and will take a LONG time. I've done it a few times to be sure we keep the data if something went 'wrong' :D

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

The drawback of screenshots is you can't use search features - but by performing advanced image processing (maybe).