13 years?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

gktamps

Re: 13 years?

Post by gktamps »

Sadly, in real life.
We've lost some good ones.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

:( sad, I somehow missed that? Or maybe he was gone before I took over... I'd never interacted with him as far as I recall but he's obviously in a lot of the greatest threads here.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

Yeah, Tom was very helpful and understanding. Among several people I've met online who made it a better place to be that are no longer with us.

Edit: Here's where I found out about Tom: https://www.reranch.com/reranch/viewtopic.php?t=61024
Last edited by johnnyreece on Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

johnnyreece wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:13 pm Yeah, Tom was very helpful and understanding. Among several people I've met online who made it a better place to be that are no longer with us.
That's sad news. I believe Tom had had a stroke which accounted for his original absence, but I did not know he had passed away :( I often think about David Root, Bob S, Dr. Hulsey and others as well.

I'm reminded of a quote from Indiana Jones IV where Jones and Dean Stanforth are reminiscing about Prof Henry Jones (Sean Connery) and the Dean says “We seem to have reached the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away.”
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

GET OFF MY SCREEN...............
clit.jpg
:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John_P_WI

Post by John_P_WI »

Miles, been a long time, I remember those days. Been here almost 15 yrs, although I don't build or post anymore. Sometimes life "just gets in the way"...

Always enjoyed your Marshall clips, recording stories, Scarface, insight and build note banter with Jana... To me that was the great period of TAG.

Wishing all of you guys health, seems we all face it in varying severity and levels as we age. There truly have been some spectacularly awesome people that have graced this site.

Take care to all on this thread,

John
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

We Had Fun

I'm going to need help wiring up this new build; the cat thode arrangement has me confused, again.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

voltages look good i guess
879C19B4-E4CB-4CB2-AE63-7EC8F5F26EAD.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

15 yrs. Damn, I could've gotten a lot more done.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

TUBEDUDE wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:37 pm 15 yrs. Damn, I could've gotten a lot more done.

you are mocking me..
Blues Hound

Post by Blues Hound »

Joined Apr 09, 2006...almost 16 years, five amps, a dumblelator and a reverb head, this place rocks...Sad to hear about Tom's passing
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Reeltarded wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:09 am
TUBEDUDE wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:37 pm 15 yrs. Damn, I could've gotten a lot more done.

you are mocking me..
No, just bemoaning the lack of production in the last 15 years. 1 bass, 2 guitars, and 8 amps.
Feeling the pressure of a rapidly approaching termination date. Must create and build faster.
No time to mock anyone.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I pooped twice. I agree. Exxpiration approaches.

I need to poop.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

I joined in 2009 too. Bought some amps from fellow TAG members, built some amps, bought a Kemper and profiled said amps. Sold said amps. Made the decision to play more and futz with gear ALOT less. Enjoyed some good times here and had some good phone conversation with you Miles. I hope you are well...
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

:) I've not been around much of late for various reasons , but I've been keeping and eye on things every now and then :)

As the world has changed I'm glad to see the one constant of ' do different resister makes change the sound in Dumble amps?' is still on going :)

I like the community here , I've not made an amp for a while now ,

I will again at some point.

Happy 13 MIles

M