13 years?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

13 years?

Post by Reeltarded »

Impossible. You guys are getting old. I signed up here in 2009. I visited more than once before that..

When I was 13 actual years old, as I recall... Leonard Skeonard crashed his plane, Eddie Money made some money.. Black Betty was still every 27th song on 96 Rock.

I can't believe it's been 13 years. That's long enough for a kid not be at all.. then become angry. I had a horse. Too much horse for a kid. Perfect. I can't believe he didn't kill me. I could have been killed by a horse at 13.Did you say anything? No, because dangerous horses were considered a test and if you made anything above a passing grade.. they let you become a touring musician. Did you say anything?

No. You allowed me to blindly follow an unplotted line that went like a broken etch-a-sketch straight (einstein.. gravity.. curved space) into unmentionable hilarity and terror, culminating at a book store (a book store was like a library with uncurated photo essays on self-help and how to influence people) and a private pilot magazine that talked about a message board where a couple hundred people had a 24 hour conversation and mentioned a guy I knew.

I later suffered AOL (and did you try to stop me? no) Three market catastophes, the end of music as a viable alternative to murder, and the capitulation of professional producers to kids in a closet pretending to be in a vocal booth with a Zoom.

I stopped drinking. I stopped living for random experience. I got way more serious about deeper intrests. I became fantastically reclusive.

I signed up here. Almost a quarter of my life ago. You jerks.

I will never forgive you, and I can't thank you enough.

So, if I can just get this fucking transformer and stop almost participating in conversations about future tube availability (like it matters to some old guy)... what is life.. and I would like to speak to the manager.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
xtian

Re: 13 years?

Post by xtian »

Time flies like the wind; fruit flies like bananas.

Twelve years for me. Just like marriage: seems like forever; just yesterday.

Thanks, Miles, no one else like you on the intertubez.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

I'm sad when you are are quiet on this forum, Miles.

Twelve years for me here, and it doesn't seem so long until I look at what's transpired both here and in the world.

Don't look at photos of yourself from 12-13 years ago. You'll start sounding like Dick Solomon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqcxudYiZ7E
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

You guys are almost the best.They wouldn't allow me into that group.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

You're gonna have your forum driver's permit before long! I hadn't looked at mine. Looks like my 10 year anniversary came and went in January. Cheers, all!
67plexi

Post by 67plexi »

Looks like 16 years today be well thank all of you :D
professormudd

Post by professormudd »

Finally, somewhere I can feel like I'm just a kid again (relatively).
-Matt

It may very well be that the sole purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

that isnt funny
statorvane

Post by statorvane »

Sixteen years here for me, if I did my math right. Now where's that slide rule? Oh rats, I forgot the batteries. Wait... it is solar powered as long as the lights are on - superior technology. Who knew?

When I was 13 Hendrix died, Beatles broke up, Hawkwind released their first album. Black Sabbath released their first album. CCR released Cosmo's Factory. I flew my first model plane. I bought my first wrist watch - proving that time flies except during school days. I had a crush on Nancy Sinatra - must have been the boots.

I learned a lot here. Thanks people.
galtjunk

Post by galtjunk »

16 years for me too.
It has been an interesting and informative ride.
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

14yrs already, what a wealth of good advise and spirit on this board. And I'm still not feeling old.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

This place is a true definition of addiction. I just signed up to see a schematic... it is ike crack. Thanks for 13 years of laughs Miles. Looking forward to many more.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Nowhere near as long for me, just a young pup... in forum years :D

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

dorrisant wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:15 pm This place is a true definition of addiction. I just signed up to see a schematic... it is ike crack. Thanks for 13 years of laughs Miles. Looking forward to many more.
Yeah, I joined at the recommendation of a former mod (Structo, RIP). He and I were associated on a guitar refinishing forum, when I decided to dip my toes into the amp world. He suggested I pose my question here, and that was that. I don't know as much as several members here, but I try to give back when I can.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

RIP for Structo on the forum or IRL?

~Phil
tUber Nerd!