Separating shared cathode resistor and bypass capacitors?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Charlie Wilson

Separating shared cathode resistor and bypass capacitors?

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Hello, I was wondering if one were to separate a shared cathode resistor and bypass cap, like for example used in the first two tubes in a Fender amp, should the two bypass caps be the same value as the shared one to maintain the same frequency response or does that need be adjusted? If so, how do I calculate that? Oops, I wanted this in the technical section, my bad.
Thanks,
CW
Reeltarded

Re: Separating shared cathode resistor and bypass capacitors?

Post by Reeltarded »

Splitting: double each resistor. Half capacitors.

That should work for ya!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Charlie Wilson wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:28 am Hello, I was wondering if one were to separate a shared cathode resistor and bypass cap, like for example used in the first two tubes in a Fender amp, should the two bypass caps be the same value as the shared one to maintain the same frequency response or does that need be adjusted? If so, how do I calculate that? Oops, I wanted this in the technical section, my bad.
Thanks,
CW
pinging you with quote in case you forgot where you put it.. I'm not laughing.. the glasses on my head is the pair I was searching for when I found my phone by the creamer in the fridge. :)
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Never mind, got my reading glasses just now, my previous comment was wrong. Edited .
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

If you can't find your glasses, check on top of your head and then check the last place you put coffee creamer.

You're welcome!
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Reeltarded wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:07 am If you can't find your glasses, check on top of your head and then check the last place you put coffee creamer.

You're welcome!
Im still defying my sight abilities by reading ampgarage threads without glasses on my phone.
At least I know where my phone is;
That skill is keeping me young and I can sit in with my daughters on the couch all staring at the phone screens. And then frantically laughing solo about a post. Which I just did, with glasses.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I can't find my creamer. I looked in my car and on my head. Twice.
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Thanks guys.
CW