Tremolo waveforms

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

OutstandingBill

Tremolo waveforms

Post by OutstandingBill »

Is anyone interested in seeing what tremolo waveforms actually look like? I've only got a limited selection to share, but I'd love to see whatever you have.

Here's a Vox AC30TB from the mid '70s on its slowest setting...
AC30 trem slowest.png
... and its fastest setting.
Vox AC30 tremolo sample, fastest.png
For comparison, here are some waveforms from a Danelectro Cool Cat tremolo, which has a switch for soft and hard waveforms.

Danelectro Cool Cat tremolo slow, soft
Danelectro Cool Cat tremolo, slowest, soft waveform.png

Danelectro Cool Cat tremolo fast, soft
Danelectro Cool Cat tremolo sample, fastest, soft waveform.png

Danelectro Cool Cat tremolo slow, hard
Danelectro Cool Cat tremolo sample, slowest, hard waveform.png

Danelectro Cool Cat tremolo fast, hard
Danelectro Cool Cat tremolo sample, fastest, hard waveform.png

My very sophisticated apparatus involves 440Hz sine wave -> amp -> built-in mic on a smartphone -> mp3 file -> Audacity.

This is my first post here. Apologies if the topic is somewhat akin to asking for fish and chips in a Michelin starred restaurant. Also, I do have a commercial interest in this: I'm a would-be pedal designer working on my first project, on a bench near to the kitchen table, and I want it to sound like the tremolos that make people go weak at the knees.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by OutstandingBill on Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Colossal

Re: Tremolo waveforms

Post by Colossal »

Bill,

Welcome. I took the liberty of directly attaching your photos because google was making a mess of things.

Regards,
Colossal