BOSS-type pedal parts supplier?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

JJH0906

BOSS-type pedal parts supplier?

Post by JJH0906 »

Has anyone had any success in finding a supplier for pedals similar to the BOSS configuration, with that nice, meaty but gentle footswitch? I'm working on a multi-effects project and would prefer to use that type of footswitch rather than the typical "step stick"... so annoying!

I have done a bit of snooping around and haven't found much as a "parts only" offer on various websites. Would prefer to just buy new, pre-manufactured parts and go from there.
TUBEDUDE

Re: BOSS-type pedal parts supplier?

Post by TUBEDUDE »

You might find those are momentary switches, suitable for switching states of an active device, and not a normal DPDT or 3PDT.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

TUBEDUDE wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:55 am You might find those are momentary switches, suitable for switching states of an active device, and not a normal DPDT or 3PDT.
Exactly. They use a BJT flip-flop to switch modes, and JFETs to direct the signal. The down-side with this system is it is not true bypass.
JJH0906

Post by JJH0906 »

Yes, I've examined the circuity a bit and understand the JFET part. It was really more of the actual housing and switch mechanism I was interested in finding.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Mammoth Electronics used to sell blank, unpainted Boss style enclosures but they were bought out. Not sure where they went but that may be a trail to pick up. They are out there, somewhere.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

JJH0906 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:51 pm Yes, I've examined the circuity a bit and understand the JFET part. It was really more of the actual housing and switch mechanism I was interested in finding.
These are the closest you'll get in terms of form factor, but no big plate that depresses a smaller momentary switch. You'll need to use a regular momentary switch, but that's plenty reliable.

https://smallbear-electronics.mybigcomm ... undrilled/
I build effects and amps and do custom builds to order. Boom.
Site: http://ballseffects.com/