My frozen imagination (attempted PTP design flop)

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

My frozen imagination (attempted PTP design flop)

Post by Reeltarded »

Bob S used to call me at like 2-3am on a work night and be laughing about some new elephant he just shot on ebay. Sometimes it was transformers, sometimes it was resistors. Sometimes it was 'mutstard capasitors'. He got a pile of the uber wishlist .68 160v caps that were spelled poorly and a week later I get a couple boards in a box that were his take on my first successful mod for 1987 4-holers. Recently I decided to build a thing with all the things I had (that turned into a $450 spree filling blanks but, 'nother story..) and I looked at that main board thinking it's time to use it, or most of it. I decided to section the board up to the PI and use PTP in a pseudo Dumble/Hiwatt style with strips at the sockets and pots and put single or double tags to bridge them where needed.

(draws two rotated noval indications) SOB.. it's not easy to go your own pseudo way.

Kelly Johnson said "Here! Let me show you how to beat Germany in the air.." and pulled out a pen, drew a laminar flow design then sketched a P-51 around it.

I gazed at two circles for 12 hours with my imagination blinking electronics like a flip animation.

Anyhow, the amp is going to be Ultra Phonix with a rear input. OD section is 2 Marshall bright stages, Bassman PI, JTM45 output. Front panel right to left is Clean volume up, 6 position bright selector down, vertical OD controls, Master, 50k slope on 33k base, TMB, and Presnence. I might spell it correctly on the sticker. Undecided. Tone stack on pots. Look at all that room.. that blank space for everything... that very, very blank space.

Now I only have to thaw the freeze. Oof
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Phil_S

Re: My frozen imagination (attempted PTP design flop)

Post by Phil_S »

You can thaw it out by heating up the soldering iron until it's good 'n' hot! If it's PTP, you don't need a layout. Just make it look like the schematic, but folded up like an accordion. Git to work, Miles. It isn't going to build itself.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

You do not understand quantum amp building. It is unlikely. It is possible. If the parts are all close to each other.. well..

You just never know.

Speaking of quantum. Did you know Schrodinger started with a dog?

366E0B06-2631-4FEF-AA88-58C56A3873AB.jpeg

Good boy! What a tshirt.
ECE91C53-5744-4AE9-AD6C-E0D85C5214F6.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Umm... How about this layout?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Illusion.

Ask Bohm.

(referencing '22 Nobel)