Edcor moving to fill some of the transformer void?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

martin manning

Edcor moving to fill some of the transformer void?

Post by martin manning »

See for example: https://edcorusa.com/collections/fender ... -1955-1956, and check out the pages under Amps/Kits.
Reeltarded

Re: Edcor moving to fill some of the transformer void?

Post by Reeltarded »

Magic Marshall values.

2k2 and 2k5 100w OTs!

https://edcorusa.com/collections/tube-a ... ransformer
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Nature abhors a vacuum.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Phil_S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:15 pm Nature abhors a vacuum.
Mmm.. on average, much worse with pressures.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Edcor has always been there making quality stuff. I dont think they're making anything new, per se, just coming up with key that tells you which transformer would be best for a specific amp. Something that you could have done all along via the specs, but its less simple for the novice.
I build effects and amps and do custom builds to order. Boom.
Site: http://ballseffects.com/
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I have to say, besides a hatred I have to incredibly inflated prices on similar items, brightly painted transformers turn me off.

I know things can be ordered raw but the second thing that drives me crazy is standing in line for an average thing as a custom order.

I am picky and bitchy. I buy on impulse after considering for literally years. I have a project Edcor would be fine for, but blue.. umm I sold a contract on a car I ordered just because they only come in starburst fruit colors. :puke:
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:19 pm Edcor has always been there making quality stuff. I dont think they're making anything new, per se, just coming up with key that tells you which transformer would be best for a specific amp. Something that you could have done all along via the specs, but its less simple for the novice.
I've previously found their site hard to navigate and/or search, with limited offerings, and they didn't seem to be making drop-in replacements (same form factor and mounting) for specific amps.
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

martin manning wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:31 am with limited offerings
Yikes, I couldnt disagree more with this. They have TONS of options. They build to order which has the drawback of taking some time before shipping, but provides the flexibility to make many many options possible. Sure they dont make drop in replacements, but that's not the point. I go to them when I need to go outside the bounds of drop-in replacements with not-so-common parameters.
I build effects and amps and do custom builds to order. Boom.
Site: http://ballseffects.com/