True Bypass a Whammy 1 pedal?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

freakshow__

True Bypass a Whammy 1 pedal?

Post by freakshow__ »

Has anyone ever looked into true bypass modding an original digitech whammy 1 pedal? There are pictures of the internals of one online (do a yahoo search) but I can't see all the important areas clearly. It looks as if you need to add a few resistors and an R/C filter on the stompswitch, among a few other odd things. I'd rather not screw it up.....they aren't very cheap pedals anymore.

Does anyone have one that has been true bypassed they wouldn't mind showing me internals of? The Whammy 1 is nothing like ANY of the ones that came after it.....

AGAIN.....THIS IS A DIGITECH WHAMMY 1 NOT A WHAMMY 2 3 4 5 OR 6 ETC.....

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Re: True Bypass a Whammy 1 pedal?

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Possibly the reason you're not seeing a ton of responses is that this forum is mostly focused on tube guitar amplifiers. Some here to dabble in other areas but not as avidly. you likely would get more response on a pedal or generic electronics forum.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
imjonwain

Post by imjonwain »

I would check out the diystomp or madbean forums to get an answer on that.

If it's rare why not just use it with a looper pedal and not mod it at all? Those are less than $50 new or you could build your own with 4x jacks and a DPDT switch.
https://tfrelectronics.com/
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Or you could run a cable from your guitar to your amp and go "weeeoooweeeooooweeeooo" when you would have used that thing.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.