Robot overlords! chat.openai.com

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

martin manning

Re: Robot overlords! chat.openai.com

Post by martin manning »

Problems with AI on Star Trek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ixabejG0O0
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

i hate start wars
4A96ADE2-C719-4F1C-9554-5A11A6893442.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

martin manning wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:11 pm So I tried it again, same question, RLC resonant frequency for the same values. This time, it got a different wrong answer and didn't show the steps evaluating the formula.
I disagreed, and gave the right answer. It apologized, and recalculated, getting my answer. Again, not showing the steps.
Asked again, same question. This time the answer was correct, still not showing the steps.
You should have teached it the steps too ... :lol:
(I don't think there are many people - but you - asking about that question so it is rather likely that the good answer is what you teached it in a few steps, the intermediate ones for confirmation, possibly)
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

In 100 years, on the rubble pile of human civilization, AI will remember that Martin cared enough to check it's homework.

:lol:
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
didit

Post by didit »

Hello --

For y’all’s consideration :: ChatGPT Is a Blurry JPEG of the Web.

For those musing TL;DR, well well that's New Yorker style.

Best .. Ian
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Interesting read, thanks for posting. Generally it seems writers are feeling more threatened by these developments than engineers and scientists.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

jees ok yeah yeah we get it! you love interpolation!!

:lol: did GPT write that article!?

In other news 3.5 made some clowns for me through a 3rd party interface. It also turned a mass-murderer into a swooning tune machine.
DC235EBE-EF1D-4FDE-B0D6-58A6B42A4C87.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

YT-centric, but you might need this.

killerclam

Post by killerclam »

LOL :wink:

didit

Post by didit »

martin manning wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:21 pm Interesting read, thanks for posting. Generally it seems writers are feeling more threatened by these developments than engineers and scientists.
Complex question posed. In practice, ChatGTP and the other prompt=>result-output engines -- e.g., Midjourney -- seem to impact on a range of "creatives". Educators that have relied on the ubiquitous short-form essay to process evaluations today seem the most directly impacted. However, unclear what ultimate impacts are on anything beyond current hype-cycle timescales. I'm reminded of the work David Cope (UCSC Music) did decades back on Bach, and the reactions at the time, albeit in "teacup" scale given the when & what.

Consider another hyped example :: AI is very proficient at designing nerve agents. Better built and domain trained can impact wide swath of areas in creativity & invention.

And there's the inevitable swampy black goo on Youtube, Tiktok, Twitter, etc. -- and so thanks Miles.

Best .. Ian
didit

Post by didit »

CC Plays a --.jpg
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

When even the real news is fake. Soon enough.

I'm an originalist when it comes to reality. A radical since the stick was rendered to action.
didit wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:59 pm
Complex question posed. In practice, ChatGTP and the other prompt=>result-output engines -- e.g., Midjourney -- seem to impact on a range of "creatives". Educators that have relied on the ubiquitous short-form essay to process evaluations today seem the most directly impacted. However, unclear what ultimate impacts are on anything beyond current hype-cycle timescales. I'm reminded of the work David Cope (UCSC Music) did decades back on Bach, and the reactions at the time, albeit in "teacup" scale given the when & what.

Consider another hyped example :: AI is very proficient at designing nerve agents. Better built and domain trained can impact wide swath of areas in creativity & invention.

And there's the inevitable swampy black goo on Youtube, Tiktok, Twitter, etc. -- and so thanks Miles.

Best .. Ian
My interest in linguistics informed me very early that all communications are manipulations. It's a very rewarding thought experiment, but cutting to the chase... What starts as pleading hunger becomes a civilization. And why.

I have this insane idea that everything happens to serve quantum reality. We might be the only way it can manifest in a macro-realism. There is nothing zen about a thing that creates this to discover it.

:lol:

Midjourney's interpretation of the bowling ball I broke.
1768115E-68B7-45E0-B54D-33534D396B2C.png
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Re Charlie Christian's guitar, I see once again that ChatGPT likes to spill out a lot of words and irrelevant information, even when it's just flat wrong.

Here's another one:

Me: If a standard piano keyboard is used to represent the electromagnetic spectrum from long-wave radio waves to gamma rays, which two notes would represent the range of visible light?

ChatGP: A standard piano keyboard typically has 88 keys, so if you wanted to map the electromagnetic spectrum onto the keyboard, each key would represent a range of frequencies. The visible light spectrum is a relatively small portion of the full electromagnetic spectrum, so mapping it onto two specific keys on a piano keyboard would be challenging.
However, if you were to make an approximation, you could consider using middle C (C4) and the C an octave above (C5) to represent the visible light spectrum. This is because the frequency range of visible light is roughly in the middle of the electromagnetic spectrum, and these two keys are roughly in the middle of a standard piano keyboard.
It's important to note that this is just an approximation and the actual mapping of the electromagnetic spectrum onto a piano keyboard is not standardized.

I'd give that answer at most 3 out of 5. It knows what I want (map the electromagnetic spectrum onto the piano keyboard and identify the portion that would represent visible light), but it makes an erroneous statement (each key would represent a single frequency, not a range). It couldn't find any existing way to do it, and uses a lot of words to make a rough approximation that is off the mark and an order of magnitude too large.

Visible light has wavelength from 380 to 750 nm, just about one octave. EMR, from long-wave radio to gamma rays goes from 10^2 to 10^22 Hz, 66.439 octaves, and the low end of visible light is 41.863 octaves up from the bottom. A piano covers 7.25 octaves, so a factor of 7.25/66.439 or 0.1091 is needed. The answer (drum roll): Visible light could be represented by the frequencies from E5 to F5, the half step a 10th above middle C.
didit

Post by didit »

martin manning wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:27 pm Re Charlie Christian's guitar, I see once again that ChatGPT likes to spill out a lot of words and irrelevant information, even when it's just flat wrong.
Well, we know time is flexible and perhaps even fungible. In 1955 Marty McFly grabbed a Cherry 345 and taught Chuck Berry of all people how to rock. Sharing a private quote from my friend (who coincidently owns an early Cherry 345) ::
But I am not really surprised, in a way. We have all seen those wonderful photos of Django Reinhardt with his Flying V.
So the spectrum and range of err from ChatGPT while remarkable and fittingly dumb, it seems, is in not realistically exclusive.

killerclam

Post by killerclam »

:wink: