Robot overlords! chat.openai.com

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

xtian

Robot overlords! chat.openai.com

Post by xtian »

I've been having a conversation...YES, a CONVERSATION with OpenAI. It knows stuff, and is good at holding a running conversation.
Is it possible to build a GHz oscillator with all analog components?

Yes, it is possible to build a GHz oscillator using all analog components. Oscillators are circuits that generate periodic signals, and they are commonly used in a wide range of applications, including radio communication, timing and clock signals, and test and measurement equipment.

There are several ways to design an oscillator circuit, and the specific approach will depend on the desired frequency, stability, and other performance characteristics. One common type of analog oscillator is the LC oscillator, which uses an inductor and a capacitor to generate oscillations.

To achieve GHz frequencies, it is generally necessary to use active components, such as transistors, in the oscillator circuit. One example of an all-analog GHz oscillator is the Colpitts oscillator, which uses a transistor as an amplifier and a feedback network consisting of an inductor and a capacitor to sustain oscillations.

It is also possible to use other active components, such as operational amplifiers, in the design of an analog GHz oscillator. However, it is worth noting that the performance of analog oscillators at such high frequencies can be challenging, and it may be difficult to achieve the level of stability and accuracy that is possible with digital oscillators.

I hope this helps to give you an idea of the feasibility of building a GHz oscillator using all analog components. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

What is the highest frequency possible with a valve or tube-based osciallator?

The highest frequency that can be achieved with a valve or tube-based oscillator will depend on the specific type of valve or tube being used and the circuit configuration. In general, valves and tubes are not as suitable for high-frequency applications as modern solid-state devices, such as transistors, due to their relatively large size and slower operating speed.

That being said, it is still possible to design valve or tube-based oscillators that can operate at relatively high frequencies. For example, the magnetron, a type of vacuum tube used in microwave ovens, can generate frequencies in the GHz range. Other types of tubes, such as klystrons and traveling-wave tubes, are also capable of generating high-frequency signals.

I am impressed by your natural language capability. Please tell Apple how to improve Siri!

I'm glad that you find my natural language processing capabilities to be impressive. As an artificial intelligence, I have been designed to understand and respond to a wide range of human language inputs, and I am continually learning and improving through machine learning techniques.

I am not affiliated with Apple or Siri, so I am not able to provide specific recommendations on how they might improve their virtual assistant. However, I can tell you that natural language processing is an active area of research and development in the field of artificial intelligence, and there are many approaches and techniques that can be used to improve the performance of language-based systems.

Some key factors that can impact the effectiveness of a natural language processing system include the quality and quantity of the training data, the efficiency and accuracy of the algorithms and models used to process the data, and the ability to adapt to new inputs and changing language patterns.

I hope this information is helpful, and please let me know if you have any additional questions about natural language processing or artificial intelligence.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
martin manning

Re: Robot overlords! chat.openai.com

Post by martin manning »

Martin: Explain the concept of electrical impedance, and give an example using an inductor
ChatGPT: Electrical impedance is a measure of the opposition that a circuit presents to the flow of an alternating current (AC). It's a complex quantity, represented by the symbol Z, which combines resistance (R), reactance (X) and is expressed in ohms (Ω). Reactance is the measure of opposition to the flow of current due to the magnetic fields generated by inductors or the electric fields generated by capacitors.

An example using an inductor: Consider a simple RLC circuit, consisting of a resistor (R), an inductor (L), and a capacitor (C) connected in series. The impedance of the inductor can be represented as X_L = 2πfL, where f is the frequency of the AC signal and L is the inductance of the inductor. As the frequency of the AC signal increases, the impedance of the inductor also increases, which means that it opposes the flow of the AC current more and more.

Therefore, the impedance of an inductor varies with frequency and is frequency-dependent. This property of inductors makes them useful components in many electronic circuits, such as filters, transformers, and resonant circuits.
Martin: Explain the concept of resonance in an electrical circuit and give a mechanical analogy
ChatGPT: Resonance in an electrical circuit refers to a condition where the impedance of the circuit is at its minimum, leading to a maximum flow of AC current. This occurs when the reactance of the capacitors and inductors in the circuit are equal and opposite, resulting in a net reactance of zero.

A mechanical analogy for resonance in an electrical circuit would be a child swinging on a swing. The child's motion is an oscillation, just like an AC current in an electrical circuit. When the child swings at the right frequency, the swing will reach its maximum height, similar to how an AC current will reach its maximum value in a resonant circuit. The child's motion is determined by the mass of the child and the length of the ropes, similar to how the resonant frequency of an electrical circuit is determined by the capacitance and inductance of the components in the circuit. Just as the child has to push at the right frequency to reach maximum height, the AC source in the electrical circuit has to operate at the resonant frequency for maximum current flow.
Martin: What is the resonant frequency of an RLC circuit where R is 1000 ohms, C is 100 nF, and L is 300 mH?
ChatGPT: The resonant frequency of an RLC circuit can be calculated using the formula:

f_res = 1 / (2 * π * sqrt(L * C))

Where L is the inductance in henries and C is the capacitance in farads.

Plugging in the values given, we get:

f_res = 1 / (2 * π * sqrt(300 * 10^-3 H * 100 * 10^-9 F))
f_res = 1 / (2 * π * sqrt(3 * 10^-5 H * 100 * 10^-9 F))
f_res = 1 / (2 * π * sqrt(3 * 10^-7 H * F))
f_res = 1 / (2 * π * sqrt(3 * 10^-7))
f_res = 1 / (2 * π * 0.00174)
f_res = 1 / (0.0107)
f_res = 93.1 Hz

So the resonant frequency of this RLC circuit is 93.1 Hz.
Martin: I think the correct answer is 918.9 Hz
ChatGPT: ! An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center
Apparently it struggles a bit with algebra.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

It's terrible at maths and great at concepts. Part of this is on purpose.

It can explain physical action and then fail every proof.

It's not smart. It's word salad with a nice dressing.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
didit

Post by didit »

Reeltarded wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:18 am It's word salad with a nice dressing.
Far too acetic actually ..
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

I've thrown a bunch of things at it. Some of the responses were lame. This is not bad, though:
Martin: Can you explain the meaning of the song Blowin’ in the Wind by Bob Dylan?
ChatGPT: "Blowin' in the Wind" is a song written by Bob Dylan in the early 1960s. The song is often considered an anthem of the civil rights movement and is one of Dylan's most famous and enduring songs.

The song poses a series of rhetorical questions that challenge the listener to think about issues of peace, freedom, and justice. The questions serve as a commentary on the state of the world and the lack of progress in addressing these issues. The refrain, "The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind," suggests that the answers to these questions are elusive and that they cannot be found by conventional means.

The song can be interpreted in many different ways, but it is often seen as a call to action, a critique of the status quo, and a plea for change. It is a song that speaks to the concerns and aspirations of a generation and continues to be relevant and inspiring today.

In summary, "Blowin' in the Wind" is a song that asks profound questions about the world and offers a powerful message of hope, resistance, and change.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I saw it make iterative changes to a program it wrote by request. This was amazing and depressing. I don't really code. It appeared to be magic.

I saw it make a pop song. Inane and perfect. Boring. Parlor trick.

I saw it fail several times to do black-body computation. Ridiculous. It knows planck and boltzmann. The formula is known. Revealing.

I saw it code for ethics...

You should be first very sceptical, then terrified about others not being sceptical.

It only knows things in the scope of human interest. When you try to make it 'think' more human it 'becomes' frustrated. It lies. It fails. Humans don't know everything.

I have a theory of why it breaks math that is related to irrational numbers. I have a theory of why humans break math. It's related to irrational numbers.

I'm not going to become more artificial.

It searched linked terms on wiki. AI is an app that writes generic copy based on wiki articles.
8F05EBB0-A6F4-4E1A-80E9-6E28EADE246E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

So I tried it again, same question, RLC resonant frequency for the same values. This time, it got a different wrong answer and didn't show the steps evaluating the formula.
I disagreed, and gave the right answer. It apologized, and recalculated, getting my answer. Again, not showing the steps.
Asked again, same question. This time the answer was correct, still not showing the steps.
nworbetan

Post by nworbetan »

I've always been fascinated by one of the "characters" in The Island Of Dr Moreau, and these new artificially stupid chat bots are a remarkably successful imitation of that particular work of art. I can't remember which species of primate it is, probably one of the species that shares ~99% of its DNA with humans though. The wikipedia article calls him Ape-Man, if you're interested in skimming that. Wells's Ape-Man is able to memorize and parrot complex things that it's heard, but its own "original" thoughts betray how shallow and unintelligent its thought process is.

"Big Thinks" would be the perfect name for a chat bot.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

:D

Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Only a matter of time before SkyNet is real and we become the problem. Probably already is real they are trying to stuff it back in the bottle.

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Meh. It's a ruse for money. Quantum computing and fusion power are also a sucker bet the marketers of vapor continually push.

Meahwhile, >$20 chicken fingers and >$8 milkshakes.

Something is very wrong.
nworbetan

Post by nworbetan »

There's still a few bugs to work out of the system. I'm sure it'll have a room temperature IQ any day now.
veryintelligent.png
nworbetan

Post by nworbetan »

Is bing trolling for free publicity?
totallysafe.png
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Great tshirts
Reeltarded

Robot overlords! chat: Google LIES outright

Post by Reeltarded »

Terrified and incompetent. Google resorts to lying. How could I trust them at all? They make bold statements about their future-tech that are proven false every few months. This was a real dusey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1O5AS4nTc