Chassis Maker Recommendations

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ViperDoc

Chassis Maker Recommendations

Post by ViperDoc »

Who do you like currently for custom aluminum chassis fabricators? My normal source is non-responsive (Synaptic), hope they're OK. Juicy went out of business a couple years ago. There's Seaside in Canada. Any others you like? I need non-standard sizes.
Just plug it in, man.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Re: Chassis Maker Recommendations

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Oh damn, yeah I really got great product from Synaptic, maybe just the holidays overwhelming them with stuff and will be back soon?

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Nothing but crickets.

Meanwhile I got a quote back from a metal fabricator that was recommended on EL34world. A single 20 x 8-inch 2.5mm aluminum blank box came in at a paltry $298, no chrome, no holes, no reach-around, no wave and a smile, no after dinner mint, no "would you like dessert?" and "when can I call you next? Hey where you goin?..."

I could buy that guy's metal brake for that. Is this really so hard to find at a reasonable price for this application? Wow.
Just plug it in, man.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

There is a guy on reverb who will cut the transformer and IEC only for around $100 I think. Something like that.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Reeltarded wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:26 am There is a guy on reverb who will cut the transformer and IEC only for around $100 I think. Something like that.
So if I'm thinking of the guy you're thinking of, I had him build me a chassis just a handful of months back. It was SPLENDID. He had a 3-inch wall height limit, and I need a 4-inch wall height for a dual row control design that I'm cooking up. I asked but haven't seen as much as a pigeon. Maybe I'll just buy one and use my powers of persuasion....?

Ordered.
Just plug it in, man.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Reeltarded wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:26 am There is a guy on reverb who will cut the transformer and IEC only for around $100 I think. Something like that.
I think that's exactly who we're talking about... synaptic amps. He's done a lot for me too in the past, but I too messaged him on reverb and also have heard nothing? I sent that on the 10th, it's been 6 days... nada.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Oh!

Umm..I predict many JTM45 format amplifiers in the future,
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
bal704

Post by bal704 »

I use Seaside and Synaptic, both of whom do custom sizes. Synaptic seems to be a bit slow on comms at time, but does good work.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

I fired a couple more shots across the bow, no response. No trash, just beware--I have no idea if Steve is still in business. Hope so. He did good work.
Just plug it in, man.
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

How are you trying to contact him? Through Reverb or something or direct emailing?
I build effects and amps and do custom builds to order. Boom.
Site: http://ballseffects.com/
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:12 pm How are you trying to contact him? Through Reverb or something or direct emailing?
Direct email, Reverb messaging, texting him on his cell phone, AND Facebook. I'm almost stalking at this point, so I hope to hear back from him.
Just plug it in, man.
bal704

Post by bal704 »

Seaside does custom sizes. Any reason you aren't using them?
ViperDoc wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:29 pm
Dr Tony Balls wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:12 pm How are you trying to contact him? Through Reverb or something or direct emailing?
Direct email, Reverb messaging, texting him on his cell phone, AND Facebook. I'm almost stalking at this point, so I hope to hear back from him.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Never used them. Is there a problem with their website? My browser bounces it. Would love to contact them for a chat. Anyone know their email?
Just plug it in, man.
didit

Post by didit »

I have seasidemusic@eastlink.ca but that’s from nearly a decade back so might be past its “best-by” ..
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

didit wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:07 am I have seasidemusic@eastlink.ca but that’s from nearly a decade back so might be past its “best-by” ..
Excellent, thank you.
Just plug it in, man.